Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
Good luck Tim... I had all the same feelings last year... jumped straight in with the Classic, weather was awful and it was certainly intimidating heading up into the storm to the map point, and then spending the next hour completely alone, but glad I did it...

Since then had mixed fortunes... at the Mercia Trial I spent a considerable amount of time a couple of grid squares off the map for a reason best known to myself... then in the South Wales Trial had a great run and got into the top 6 (obviously it wasn’t the depth of quality of the LDMT!).

Best thing for me was to go onto the LDMT website archive section, click on the results tab for races in the last 8-10 years, click the RouteGadget tab and you can bring up the maps that were issued for each trial, then have a go at plotting routes, then bring up the routes people took on the day... really gives you an idea of some of the challenges you might face...

Good tip thanks, had a flick through some past routes and gave me a bit more idea of what to expect.