Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: LDMT why not more popular

Banned
    GPS programmed route.
    Its the future.

Entries close tomorrow! Enter tonight - do it now! You aren't a complete fell runner till you have done a mountain trial.
    Mike Hind
    Borrowdale Fell runners

Start times are now on the SI Entries entry list page. 9:08 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Start times are now on the SI Entries entry list page. 9:08 for me.
    Second to last for me, with only ba-ba starting after, and Stevie Birkinshaw ahead! Reckon I'll have the hills to myself for most of my day!!
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Looks like I can have a lie in. 10.10 start and looking forward to it immensely

As much as i'm looking forward to it, as a first-timer i'm understandably a bit nervous.

After jumping straight in at the deep end with the classic course (i have no major concerns regarding the potential length/distance), i'd prefer not to disgrace myself navigationally.

Hopefully the weather looks kindly upon us.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    As much as i'm looking forward to it, as a first-timer i'm understandably a bit nervous.

After jumping straight in at the deep end with the classic course (i have no major concerns regarding the potential length/distance), i'd prefer not to disgrace myself navigationally.

Hopefully the weather looks kindly upon us.
    What could possibly go wrong? ;-)

Seriously, I was a bag of nerves the night before my first trial pondering all the possibilities of where I might end up. The reality is of course that after decades of wandering around the Lakes, I have never really got so lost that I didn't have any idea where I was or to how re-orientate myself. I doubt any of us would enter this event unless we were competent with a map and compass.
    Most of the CPs may be in an obscure location (I'm sure you will visit places that you have never been to before) but they are not usually that difficult to find. The 'trial' part for me is usually the route choice between them - that's where serious time can be gained or lost.

Hopefully the weather will be kind to us but this is September and so usually changeable. Other than 2 years ago, I don't think I have done one that wasn't in the clag for at least some part of it. Last year was a bit of an epic due to the weather though that didn't really effect nav too much as the cloud was reasonably high - just your ability to move forward at times!

Hope you enjoy it and I'll try and say hello if I get to reg before you start.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

I note from the race details there is a road crossing which may be busy. Busy enough for a control either side of the road.....

Yes... putting a detective hat on, would appear to head east of the Dunmail road initially, and possibly cross over to the west at some point, possibly at Dunmail Pass?

This is the beauty of the event in my eyes. Who knows where we'll end up... Kirkstone? Bowfell? Borrowdale Fells? Helvellyn?

Fantastic stuff.

Have to agree with you there on both counts. Seems likely to be map issue on the east of main road and then the obvious place to cross back would be at Dunmail.