Thread: Lakes in a Day

Lakes in a Day

Lakes in a day 2015 is coming up in a couple of weeks, anyone doing this? or has anyone done this before? Is it any good?

I did it last year and could be doing this year too. It's absolutely brilliant.

Good to hear stolly. Course looks good although a real race of two halfs
    what was the cp grub like last year?

i assume by could be that you already have your number as I think entries have closed now haven't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Willowisp View Post
    Good to hear stolly. Course looks good although a real race of two halfs
    what was the cp grub like last year?

i assume by could be that you already have your number as I think entries have closed now haven't they?
    Yeah I've got my number okay but I've been unwell over the summer and am only just starting to get going again. Hopefully I'll be there.

The route is brilliant - after the first easyish climb and descent to the back of Blencathra its unremitting all the way to Ambleside -> the slog up Blencathra, the descent of Hall's Fell, the climb up Clough Head, the full length of the Helvellyn ridgeline to Dollywaggon, then a small matter of Fairfield before descending the eastward ridge of the Fairfield Horseshoe to Ambleside. Thats the 30 mile 'tough as arse'oles' fell race done.

Then its just a 'tough as arse'oles' 20 mile woody trail race mostly along the west bank of Windermere (for us last year half of the time afterdark) all the way to the finish.

The food is top notch too

Nice to hear you enjoyed it and yes the first half of the route does look brutal but stunning all the same. I have covered most of the ground before until Ambleside on various odd occasions but linking it all together should be epic, The Windermere section will be something new which will be nice. Also glad to hear the food is good as I will be eating my way across the Lakes

Any how hope you are back in the game by then.

Stolly thanks for the kind words..

James
    James

Diabetes is not an excuse its a reason www.howfast.org

This could be interesting after I cracked my ribs last week surfing/falling off in Newquay. Still pretty stiff and sore

We're dropping like flies! I am totally gutted not to be running this again this year. It was probably my favourite event last year (re food, it was great and we got pain au chocolats! I was in seventh heaven ). I'm out due to my mystery knee injury which is still as painful as when it started almost five weeks ago. Oh well...hopefully it will be sorted in time for next year's event!
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'