Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: aggressive mud shoe?

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Maybe a Vernier caliper on a brand new pair would prove that the new ones are 8mm and the old ones 10mm ...
    I should have made clear that 'nearly new' wasn't the sole in the picture, I measured it after a couple of runs, maybe 20 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    I wonder why they've reduced the lug depth on the new R/B shoes which have replaced the yellow 300's.
    I have a speculative theory about this, just perfect for an Internet forum -- they had an ongoing issue with injection moulding of that sole. All of my previous ones had to be binned because the lugs would start to split into layers, as if the sole was made of multiple layers that were not bonded well. Perhaps the reduction in thickness is to mitigate this. In any case, it seems to me they changed the way the sole is made, note that the injection artefacts (the little studs on some of the lugs) are no longer present on the R/B sole.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the suggestions; I'll see if I can find a shop near by that stocks Walshes to try for fit. I really hate changing shoe brands, all three of my current running shoes are made by Inov-8 (they fit me well), but the other two have now been discontinued, so it looks like change all around. Exciting times.

Quote Originally Posted by tthef View Post
    Anyway, thanks everyone for the suggestions; I'll see if I can find a shop near by that stocks Walshes to try for fit. I really hate changing shoe brands, all three of my current running shoes are made by Inov-8 (they fit me well), but the other two have now been discontinued, so it looks like change all around. Exciting times.
    a god opportunity to try walshes on would be at an FRA fell race that Pete Bland is at with his mobile shop.

The irony; while googling for the Walshes, I have stumbled on some Yellow mudclaws (having previously googled for them without success). Seems RunAndBecome still have a fair selection of sizes in stock.

Are "old-style", ie yellow, Mudclaw 300s being brought back by Inov-8 ?

Pete Bland stocking "New In" Mudclaw 300 Classic, in a new green and black colour https://www.peteblandsports.co.uk/pr...ck.htm?brand=1
    Last edited by Yaks; 24-11-2015 at 11:33 AM.

Good spot Yaks, looks like it ?
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Good spot Yaks, looks like it ?
    which begs the question: why?
    Update a shoe, then bring back the old version a few months later: sounds extremely dodgy to me!
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    which begs the question: why?
    Update a shoe, then bring back the old version a few months later: sounds extremely dodgy to me!
    Not sure mate, a lot of people have vented their unhappiness at basically changing something that wasn't broken though!
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

I was in Pete bland sports last weekend and they have in what is basically the yellow mudclaw 300 in a new green and black colour. A side by side test with the red/blue mudclaw that they had in, I can confirm the studs are smaller on the red/blue one and heel is flat. The green one is the same as my yellow ones. Glad they brought it back.

Super Moderator
    They've several other Classics / Originals they could bring back: Mudclaw 330, Roclite 285, Roclite 315 plus the road shoes, which I think / thought were excellent
    Poacher turned game-keeper

so, did I waste £65 on the new version?
    Seems rather an admission from Inov8 that the old shoes were better.
    ....it's all downhill from here.