Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The class of 2016

The class of 2016

Who's in for next year (2016). I have finally got my heart sorted out (had catheter Albation). So feel like I am able to get fit enough to attempt this. I live near sandbach (junction 17 of m6) so if people are up for sharing lifts to recce then I will be available.

Target between now and Christmas is to get some running fitness back with a few thousand feet of ascent in each week. After that start to increase the ascent/descent upto an attempt in July.

Super Moderator
    spen, best of luck for next year! I've edited thread title to fit in with previous. Hope you don't mind
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Cheers DT. Was not sure if was right thing to do

I would be up for some recce's. Have to drive up from Kidderminster could pick up on the way. Problem is can only do weekdays at the mo

Weekends are best for me too. Probably every other due to access to my kids

I'm hoping to do a solo ( ish ) attempt next year.

Not done a lot on the fells last couple of years so looking at getting of plenty of Lakes trips in. Midweek often good for me but get the odd weekend free too.

Mine will be a solo (ish) round next year as well. Let me know what your plans are maybe we could help each other out.

Quote Originally Posted by philblack40 View Post
    Mine will be a solo (ish) round next year as well. Let me know what your plans are maybe we could help each other out.
    Will do Phil. I'm planning a low key attempt i.e no big support crews but ideally run it with 1 or 2 others and use food drops. Daz the Slug posted a few weeks ago about something similar.

Planning to start recces pretty soon.

Low key for me as well. Although I do have an excellent chap who will do the road support. Looking to start a few recce's from the end of the month. I'm not planning a fast round so if your a sub 20 man I would never keep up! Might not keep up if your a sub 24 man thinking about it haha!

Quote Originally Posted by philblack40 View Post
    Low key for me as well. Although I do have an excellent chap who will do the road support. Looking to start a few recce's from the end of the month. I'm not planning a fast round so if your a sub 20 man I would never keep up! Might not keep up if your a sub 24 man thinking about it haha!
    I was thinking of a sub 13 hour 53 depending on how the training goes.

But then again maybe a 23 hour schedule might be better

I'll be up for recce' anytime. Midweek or weekend depending on shifts at work.