Thread: Kinesio(logy) Tape?

Kinesio(logy) Tape?

Don't want to start a discussion on whether or not it works (my GP, who's also a LEJOG cyclist amongst other things) suggested it's worth a try so good enough for me.

My question is which brand seems best (ie to stick best?) for those that use it?

There seems to be a number of brands, tape widths etc (I want it for a persistent calf injury that hasn't stopped recurring despite physio, stretching etc), so which brand and what size.

Thanks.

t.
    The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak...

Tony Vardy

No idea on quality or anything as have never used it, but price wise, moremile seem to have a good offering: http://moremile.co.uk/accessories/ma...very/tape.html - code MORE20 seems to be still working to get some money off too..

Rocktape, standard 5cm width. There's a H2O version as well that's extra sticky - very useful if you're taping onto your foot as the sweat inside your shoes will cause it to come lose at the edges easier. Best way to apply is on very dry skin, shaved if you have hair, rub down well and leave on for 6-12 hrs - so overnight sometimes - before 'using'

Rocktape & Kinesio are market leaders but there are a lot of good/similar alternatives

as Chris said, MoreMile would be worth a go - Rocktape, Kinesio & SportTape are all good (from personal experience) and I've used one called KT Tape, too.

5cm width for calf application would be best - the smaller widths are normally for things like thumbs. There are loads of guides online that show you how to apply it too, I've always self-applied it
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Duct Tape works fine...good for Walsh repairs an all.

Tiger Tape is the best value and will stay on for up to 4 days, including a daily shower, you just have to dab it with the towel not rub it. Shave the area you're applying it to and if you have greasy skin wipe over with surgical spirit or IPA or something, and radius the corners of the tape. You need to be shown how to apply it ideally. Heat activates the adhesive.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Thanks for (mostly) helpful replies - wanted to get some to try and found they'd got KT Tape for sale in Boots (not cheap, mind!). If it works, I'll then look for a cheaper source. Stuck OK yesterday afternoon and still well stuck now - hope it'll last for say 3 runs, then I'll give the skin a rest for a day or two then re-apply. I'll see what happens; there's clearly divided opinion as to whether it works or not.

t.
    The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak...

Tony Vardy