Thread: Mudclaw 300 - repair?

Mudclaw 300 - repair?

One of the heel cups on my Mudclaw 300s has partially (an inch and a bit) come away from the sole on the inside of the right shoe. Looks like the glue/stitching has failed. I've never had this type of issue on any of my many pairs of Mudclaws before or indeed any of my other Inov-8 shoes. Typically, they give up the ghost on either side of the toe box where they flex the most and gradually the tear just gets to the point where my socks fall out .

So, I'm guessing that the current pair are suffering from a fault in their construction but as the shoes are 8 months old I don't feel i can fairly ask for a refund. Otherwise the uppers and soles probably have another 4 to 6 months of wear.

Any ideas how to fix this? Super glue? Or should i just bin them?

The 'tear' /separation occurred about a couple of weeks ago and I've still used them for short runs. However, as I was running off Bowsacles Fell on a particularly steep descent while wearing them today, the right one felt decidely 'wobbly' and I could sense the possibility of my ankle going over. So now its repair or bin
    Am Yisrael Chai

I've used these guys for resoling an old pair of 212's. I'm sure they'd be able to do something for you if you give them a call first.

http://www.lancashiresportsrepairs.c...oe_repairs.htm

I'd take them back to where I bought them - had a few faulty pairs replaced. If you have paid good money you have a right to expect value for money

Thanks for the advice guys.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Send a photo to Inov 8 and ask them their thoughts. I've done this and they are generally pretty fair in saying whether they think it is a manufacturing fault or not. Sounds like the glue hasn't cured properly in this case.

Alternatively, you could try Seam Grip. For this to work well the shoes need to be really clean - alcohol wipes on both surfaces until dry, then some form of clamp/weight/tie together to hold in place until the glue sets.