Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What shoes for Lakeland50

Those Merrell Terra Trails look like great winter shoes. Anyone used them??

Has anyone any experience of the Hoka Speedgoat? I'd be interested in any feedback. I've run in Cascadia's for years and 90% certain they'll be my Lakeland 50 shoe, but tempted to try the Hoka's too. Thanks.
    Last edited by Tom Smith; 22-12-2015 at 09:45 PM.

I wore the hoka rapa nui for the first year i did it having only run about 30 miles in them previously. I found them great on the rocky paths. I continued running in them after the race for a few weeks and developed some quite bad ankle strain. I swapped to something with a lower stack height and my pain and swelling went away. It wont be like this for everyone but it's worth thinking about.

Just my twopenny'th! Done two L50's and used Salomom Speedcross both times with minimal issues, but some foot soreness. Did WHW Race using Salomon Sense for first 60 odd then Hoka Rui wotsits (I think?) with again minimal issues but really no foot soreness at all. Same for Hardmoors 100. This year for L100 I will possibly wear Salomon Sense or Speedcross then the Hoka's from Dalemain. As stated previous, a rock plate is important in my view and/or the extra cushioning. But its horses-for-courses I guess...buy and try! Socks, I think are pretty important consideration and I wear Injinji with, again, minimal blistering issues. I do intend trialing the Sealskinz and looking up a thread in here about some others which people were raving about a while ago....can't recall the name. Also I might trial the anti-debris gaiters at some point!!!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Master
    I have done the Lakeland 100, and WHW race a few times, plus several 100+ mile events including multi day and have always worn injini socks and NB Leadville 1210 trail shoes and have never had any foot or lower leg joint or ligament issues.
    Last edited by JohnK; 24-12-2015 at 10:05 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Used Hoka Stimpson 1st year and they were great on the dry parts of the course , not too good on grassy sections. 2nd year used same but had bad blisters by half way round . So need a different choice this year