Thread: Trail shoe for wide feet

Trail shoe for wide feet

Hi, can anyone help with advice on my daughter and I are in a similar predicament - looking for decent running shoes for wide feet. It feels as if I'm asking for the moon on a stick.

She takes around size UK size 6.0, and thanks to my genetic input has wide feet (G-fitting) but we're struggling to find anything that fits the bill. Understandably, she has an aversion to pinks and pastels.

Local shops (mainly Decathlon and the like) seem to be more concerned with fashion and gender stereotyping than form and function, so shopping is a frustrating experience.

Anyone able to help with advice on brands and models that suit wider feet? and shops easily accessible from South Manchester so we can try on.

There's obviously Running Bear in Alderley Edge, who are good. Anyone else?

(and if you know where I can find a stick with the moon attached too...).
    Thanks,
    Richard

The inov-8 Terrclaw is pretty broad across the forefoot...

Inov8 Trailrocs are very wide, I've got pretty wide feet and they are boat-like on me unless the laces are pulled very tight at the bottom.

I use these these for my wide feet

http://www.accelerateuk.com/shop/pro...Lone-Peak-2-0/

Zero drop, but some cushioning...

I too was going to suggest Altra Lone Peak. I think all Altra are wide-fitting, or at leastthey are supposed to have a wide toe box.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    I use these these for my wide feet

http://www.accelerateuk.com/shop/pro...Lone-Peak-2-0/

Zero drop, but some cushioning...

Thanks for those ideas so far, anyone else?

Thought I'd post a bit of feedback in case anyone else is interested.
    I got some Inov8 Trailroc 255s - as Ed D said above, they have lots of space in the forefoot, (much looser than my X-talons and OROCs and a bit looser than my MoreMile Cheviot 1's). The Trailrocs are fine on dry trails (which is as they are advertised), and seemed ok on grass but didn't cope with even small amounts of mud and felt insecure in slippery and leaf strewn areas.
    I've also been using some Asics (kanaku and Sonoma). The Asics seem more suited to a variety of conditions.
    I also picked up some Puma Faas 500TR - I haven't run in these yet - they're a bit tighter across the forefoot but seem ok (I was wary of Puma sizing -I had a few pairs of the Nightfox a while back, but the successor model, trailfox seemed much smaller for the same size).
    For my daughter, we picked up a pair of ASICS Tambora (mens model as they are wider than the 'womens version'') and these fit nicely.
    ...the accumulation of marginal losses, coupled with a few gross errors.

Master
    I have very wide feet and us these http://www.newbalance.co.uk/pd/leadv...Orange&width=D
    The older I get the Faster I was