Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Intercounties Fell

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    Of course if you're Avon & Somerset/Middlesex etc. you pick your top XC runners who do a pretty handy job anyway!
    Ha, despite being Avon XC champion I wasn't contacted at all about the Fell InterCounties by Avon&Somerset. Will make sure I get there in 2016 - need to shout louder I reckon!
    Fell, road, track, XC... it's all good running.

Quote Originally Posted by EwenM View Post
    Ha, despite being Avon XC champion I wasn't contacted at all about the Fell InterCounties by Avon&Somerset. Will make sure I get there in 2016 - need to shout louder I reckon!
    Harsh! Outside of the fell running 'heartlands' I imagine you have to let it be known you might be interested in the ICs.
    Once the date is known and I'm free, I'll contact my county selector and say I'm available if required.
    Last edited by ba-ba; 11-11-2015 at 03:36 PM.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Thanks Jim... Yes I'm on the Shropshire facebook page, will keep my eyes and ears open...

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    Harsh! Outside of the fell running 'heartlands' I imagine you have to let it be known you might be interested in the ICs.
    Once the date is known and I'm free, I'll contact my county selector and say I'm available if required.
    Yep, definitely down to me to make some noise. Neither the Avon nor Somerset Athletics websites list a fell secretary although if the I/C is a UKA Mountain Running Challenge event again in 2016, I can just enter.
    Fell, road, track, XC... it's all good running.

You can enter as an individual Ewen as it is also an open race, regardless of whether it is part of the UKA series. And if you have a county vest and there is no official Avon Fell team, you can enter as an Avon runner. Or just go the whole hog and offer your services as the Avon Fell manager?!

IC has clashed for the last few years with Old County Tops and BMAF road relays unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by gazb View Post
    You can enter as an individual Ewen as it is also an open race, regardless of whether it is part of the UKA series. And if you have a county vest and there is no official Avon Fell team, you can enter as an Avon runner. Or just go the whole hog and offer your services as the Avon Fell manager?!
    Thanks for the info. I might even make it up to run in the Lancs Fell Champs - somewhat harder to make the county team of course!
    Last edited by EwenM; 11-11-2015 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Premature submission

Quote Originally Posted by EwenM View Post
    Thanks for the info. I might even make it up to run in the Lancs Fell Champs - somewhat harder to make the county team of course!
    Are you Lancs qualified then?

Ref Avon / Somerset - that's partly the point I was trying to make in my earlier post. There often isn't a fell secretary - if you asked me to guess I'd say half a dozen English counties have one at most.

But anyone can contact the County Secretary and offer their services even without being on the committee. You then have a proper team selected for your county, and who knows the county may pay the entries and/or offer some transport assistance.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Are you Lancs qualified then?

Ref Avon / Somerset - that's partly the point I was trying to make in my earlier post. There often isn't a fell secretary - if you asked me to guess I'd say half a dozen English counties have one at most.

But anyone can contact the County Secretary and offer their services even without being on the committee. You then have a proper team selected for your county, and who knows the county may pay the entries and/or offer some transport assistance.
    Yep, born and bred in Lancaster, first club was L&MAC. Would rather run for Lancs again (done XC in the past).

I'll chat to the Avon and Somerset guys at the county XC next month and see what they think. I'm not sure how it works with separate Avon champs and Somerset champs but a joint A&S team.

What should you do if you're from a county who have no history in running the inter-counties? i.e. Hampshire...
    Last edited by Manix; 14-11-2015 at 01:37 PM.