Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Intercounties Fell

Quote Originally Posted by beasty1711 View Post
    it blows my mind that its not been announced yet.. i mean surely a RO must know given how much prep it takes to sort these things out.
    I thought this had been announced but as I'm aware, and I think all the fell aficionados will be extremely happy........it's the classic Moel Eilio circuit from Llanberis (funny having a big UK based fell event in Llanberis).......

Nice, what's the date? Hope it doesn't clash with too much as calendars will already pretty full by now!
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Was it 1998 or 99 when Moel Eilio was last used as the Intercounties, from memory Carlos the Jackal finished well up for his beloved yarkshire.

I think the date is usually early May or at least it was when it was a British champs race about 2003, that was a pleasent afternoon weatherwise

14th may, 1 week after the English champs race at Up The Nab.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Don't know if the route is the same but in 2003 it started from the youth hostel, up the road, turn right onto a track then climb Moel Eilio from the north. An undulating ridge run followed by a descent to Bwlch Maesgwm then a climb up Moel Cynghorion, then descend to a track and follow that back to the hostel

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    Don't know if the route is the same but in 2003 it started from the youth hostel, up the road, turn right onto a track then climb Moel Eilio from the north. An undulating ridge run followed by a descent to Bwlch Maesgwm then a climb up Moel Cynghorion, then descend to a track and follow that back to the hostel
    Same route as usual

WALES again ��......Pete's Eats ...brill��

2016 Inter-counties Fell Champs CONFIRMED as Moel Elilio Llanberis Wales 14th May .
    This is an open race , County teams however can only be entered by team managers ,so if you wish to represent your county get in touch with your managers first ..
    Greater Manchester Mens and Ladies teams are both now recruiting contact GMAA manager [email protected] if you are interested .......

Anyone who does fell and T+F has a choice, as this weekend is County Championship weekend!!

Quote Originally Posted by biara View Post
    Anyone who does fell and T+F has a choice, as this weekend is County Championship weekend!!
    Yes a shame there's not a little bit more thought sometimes. Split the juniors away, but yet have them the same day.
    Of course senior fell runners probably rarely run track if at all, but for many juniors it means they will have a tough choice.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell