Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kahtoola Microspikes

Took my new pair of microspikes out yesterday.
    Worn over a pair of Running Bear Ground Control
    Macclesfield Forest(Standing Stone) to Shutlingslow, Cumberland Brook to Cat+Fiddle, Shining Tor, Lamaload then back to Standing Stone.

I was really impressed.

I could run down the northern(steep) face of Shutlingslow better than if it was a dry summer day.
    Slipped them off on the tarmac stretches, wore them most of the rest of the way in 3-4" of snow, brilliant over compacted paths and ice. No problem on e.g. other peoples sledge and ski(!) tracks, downhill
    Bought the tote bag(the package was a Christmas present to self) and tucked it into mesh pocket of rucsac when not needed. On and off in 20 seconds easy.
    Didn't know I was wearing them, except for the amazing traction.

I'll use them again. Recommended+++
    Best Wishes

David
    Cheshire Hash House Harriers http://www.cheshirehash.co.uk/cheshire/

yeah I got some snowline snowspikes for Christmas used them for the first time at the weekend brilliant job, I was actually looking for sheets of ice so I could run on it, really easy to take on and off as well

http://fellrunningguide.co.uk/snowli...spikes-review/

They work really well - if in doubt get the smaller size (my running shoes are 10s, & my spikes are Medium). They still fit over my (lightweight size 10) walking boots though. They aren't that comfortable with thin soled fell shoes though (Mudclaws) as I get painful pressure points after a while. They're much more comfortable with thicker soles (e.g. Roclites).
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Used these a few times now on Penyghent, Ingleborough and Whernside. Really good on snow and icy ground when climbing and give a lot of confidence when descending.

Really easy to slip on and off fell shoes and hardly notice they are there when wearing them. Are small to pack in bumbag and lightweight. Don't rattle around either when running.
    Last edited by wjb; 25-02-2016 at 11:00 AM.

Indispensable in the ice - means you can get out in any conditions.