Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GPS Watch recommendations

I just got 230 and so far its been good.

Picks up satellites in seconds and from inside the house which is handy when its poring down. The 16h battery was one of the plus points meaning it will last for most of the ultras I will do. Its straight forward to use although I have not tried all it can do yet.

You can get the 230 with HR strap for under £200 - I just ordered one a few days ago :-)

So, I have a forerunner, but in races obviously you can't have a GPS watch, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a GPS tracker which isn't a watch e.g. http://www.expansys.com/mobile-actio...logger-193988/

Any thoughts?

Why can't you have a GPS watch in a race? I've worn one in every race I've ever done.

I bought a Tom Tom unit a few weeks ago, it's ok and was only 60 quid, I think it's not quiet as good as the forerunners I've had in the past when off-road, it doesn't seem to update quickly so perhaps could be slightly inaccurate.

Thanks all - In the end I got the Garmin Forerunner 620 and HRM for £182! Bargain.

Now its time to start getting some PB's!!!

Very happy with it so far...It finds the satellites very quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by obrienk View Post
    Why can't you have a GPS watch in a race? I've worn one in every race I've ever done.
    In orienteering races you can't have a GPS tracker

Banned
    The best running watches are those that display all you vitals right where you need them to be while you are running. To answer the original question, Suunto would be the perfect choice.

There are very few running watches that can give this Suunto competition. It is well designed and looks great. It has excellent ABC (Altimeter, Barometer and Compass) accuracy; it beats many other watches to the dirt on this aspect. It is simply the highest rated watch for a reason – it is the best. (Source: Watch Timely)