Thread: Winter BG - Flood Appeal

Winter BG - Flood Appeal

Supported by our clubmates from Cumberland Fell Runners, me, Mick Allen and Mario Yeomans, will be attempting a Winter BG round on the weekend of Friday 8th/Saturday 9th January. We will be raising money for the Cumbrian Community Foundation flood appeal. If you feel you would like to offer some cash you can do so either through our page or the official CCF page:

https://www.justgiving.com/Mick-Allen6

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...loodappeal2015

It goes without saying that we have all been shocked and saddened at what we have seen in the area over the last few days. It will take many, many months for homes, infrastructures and communities to be restored. We were already planning on doing a round (our original date was the weekend just gone!). If we can raise some cash in the process then that can only help (albeit in a small way) for the area to get back on its feet.

Thanks

Paul Johnson

Paul,

Great work, have donated.

Hope the training has been going well. What time are you setting off?

Good luck lads, 20 quid from me by the flood appeal page.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Thanks guys. Really appreciate your response, support and generosity. Thank you.

We plan to set off at 11pm on the Friday night ( this will
    give us leg 3 in the light). Training has been hit and miss due to the recent apocalyptic weather but should be able to have a good few days out and about from now on. How's tricks with you Dom? Recovered?
    Last edited by Bobster; 11-12-2015 at 10:18 PM.

Let us know the tracker details, would love to tune in to follow the action on the day. All good here, have slightly lost my running mojo since the round (after the summer plodding grey london streets has slightly lost its appeal..) but will hopefully get back into the swing of things in the new year. Hope we might be able to persuade Daniel to take care of that unfinished business..

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Let us know the tracker details, would love to tune in to follow the action on the day. All good here, have slightly lost my running mojo since the round (after the summer plodding grey london streets has slightly lost its appeal..) but will hopefully get back into the swing of things in the new year. Hope we might be able to persuade Daniel to take care of that unfinished business..
    Will do - will put tracker link up nearer the time. Hope you get your mojo back. If Dan is ever persuaded let me know - more than happy to help out.

p.s. our winter round is scheduled for when there is zero moon. This is to avoid even the slightest possibility of full moon evils!