Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oldest bit of kit?

Good old helly lifa from 1988. Still gets the odd run out. In decent nick but can pong a bit!

A couple of HH Lifa vests of '85/'86 origin and one pair of Lifa tights of similar vintage - all a bit "holey" and threadbare but still pressed into service when newer kit is in the wash etc.
    My 'piece de resistance' has got to be my '84 Rock & Rum bumbag (de-luxe model with 'no bounce' tension straps), still in perfectly serviceable order, and still in use several times per week. Also an '85/'86 Rock & Run, 28 litre, Ridgerunner GT ( elastic side pockets + zip pockets in the 'wings' of the waist belt ) ruc-sac, now has 'pin holes' in the base but still gets used with a plastic bag liner - the zips on the wing pockets are very stiff.
    Last edited by wheezing donkey; 13-12-2015 at 05:39 PM.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

WD40 for the Zips I recon. That stuff is magical.
    Nike dry fit lined shorts about 12 years, feel like they'll go another 12.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I have just returned from a run, musing over the age of the kit I was wearing. Socks probably less than 10 years old. Shorts probably less than 20 years old. Helly Hansen Lifa tights likewise. Walsh PB Trainers (only used in really muddy conditions) more than 20 years old. Helly Hansen Lifa long-sleeved top more than 20 years old; but my piece de resistance is a long-sleeved T-shirt, proudly bearing the legend "THE FELL RUNNERS ASSOCIATION" and a logo with a bracken frond in front of some hills, which I am fairly sure is at least 30 years old.

Most of my kit is a few years old, but my lowe alpine bumbag is 25 years old - pretty good going as I'm only 37...

My fav bit of old kit ,though not my oldest has Coledade horsehoe written on it ,I use or take one on every run summer or winter lost a few hats in this time but not this

Quote Originally Posted by B.Bill. View Post
    My fav bit of old kit ,though not my oldest has Coledade horsehoe written on it ,I use or take one on every run summer or winter lost a few hats in this time but not this
    I have one of those; from 2011 or 2012 IIRC. It's one of my newer bits of kit.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    I have one of those; from 2011 or 2012 IIRC. It's one of my newer bits of kit.
    Why you mad Donkay ...I did say it was not my oldest bit of kit....

Quote Originally Posted by B.Bill. View Post
    Why you mad Donkay ...I did say it was not my oldest bit of kit....
    I know; it's just that my "newer" piece of kit is now 3.5 - 4.5 years old!

I am still running in some cycling tights made by Bean Bag in 1983 for my pro season in 1984 ( and still using a few of the cycling jerseys too)