Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oldest bit of kit?

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
    I am still running in some cycling tights made by Bean Bag in 1983 for my pro season in 1984 ( and still using a few of the cycling jerseys too)
    Bean bag still got my battle scarred Bean bag Lakes Road Club jersey in the wardrobe

I've got some old tights from the 80's which are in holes, but come out about once a year.

It got me thinking though, and I realised I've got climbing hardware from 1977...

Another thumbs up for the Helly, mine's about thirty years old, a bit raggedy around the edges. Last worn last week

Worn wear:
    A couple of nice videos from Patagonia http://www.patagonia.com/eu/enGB/common-threads/ . Tips on how to make your kit last and how to repair it yourself.
    Nice one Mr Chouinard

Master
    I am still running on the same feet I started out with 60 odd years ago
    The older I get the Faster I was

Has made me realise that my climbing harness is almost 30 years old

I think my most used and loved Patagonia windproof is going on for 15 years now. Don't know what I'd do without it! Many, many good memories in it.

Pete bland 2 piece rain suit that functions as minimal bumbag when not worn. Circa 1989, genius design and worn for every race I do.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    My 'piece de resistance' has got to be my '84 Rock & Rum bumbag (de-luxe model with 'no bounce' tension straps), still in perfectly serviceable order, and still in use several times per week. Also an '85/'86 Rock & Run, 28 litre, Ridgerunner GT ( elastic side pockets + zip pockets in the 'wings' of the waist belt ) ruc-sac, now has 'pin holes' in the base but still gets used with a plastic bag liner - the zips on the wing pockets are very stiff.
    I can match you here Ian. I too still have my Hyslop original R'n R bumbag acquired in September 1984 when I was seduced from mountaineering into fell running.

I also have a Ridgerunner (not the GT I think because there are no side pockets or zips in the waist belt) which may be an earlier model than yours. Rarely sees the light of day in truth.

The bumbag has had numerous repairs over the years and had faded to a charming pinky red colour. :-)
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by karen nash View Post
    Has made me realise that my climbing harness is almost 30 years old
    I realised my leading rope was about 15 years old. It's hardly been used, but a mate decided it was potentially dangerous, so we got a new one instead.