Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Giant's Tooth 2016

Rile -force... it's a terrific first fell race (a few years ago it was my comeback race after a 25 year break). Glad you enjoyed it. It's only really worth hammering the first 400m if you are a) well warmed up/aerobic already and b) you are keen to be competitive at the sharp end .... so needing to get to the stile before queues develop. Otherwise, doing as you did, and running at your own pace is a much better way to tackle your early efforts.

Thanks for the advice and knowledge! I really wasn't sure what to expect... Even though it was a Diet Coke Fell run it was 10x more fun than the urban road running. I never normally struggle with breathing – this was he first time my breathing got tested!

I live in London, so I need to pick and choose my runs well in advance. When I get an idea I am quite focused – turning up to Giants Tooth like a lemon on my own, hungover, was well worthit! Next time, I will still be hungover, but will be more prepared and give 110%! Top 20 is my goal.

I will check out the Howarth run – and thanks for the advice.

I probably started off a bit slow because I was wearing brand spanking new trainers [*ahem* running around the first initial puddles]. Inov8’s now Christened and fully acclimatised to mud.

Nowt rung wi bein a southerner rileforce ,keep turning up for fell running we will soon have you enjoying black puddings ,thick gravy and beer with n ed onit ��.
    Some belting races in Wales �� ( shorter journey ��)

Hahaha - Cheers Bill. I'm a fan of Mushy Pea's, Yorkshire Puds...and Greggs

As for Wales I will investigate [Rileforce pushes up his glasses]
    Last edited by rileforce; 06-01-2016 at 08:54 PM.

Was lovely to see people running again on this route. Thanks to all who came. Glad I used SI entries and limited numbers though.....