Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Event in Llanberis on Saturday

Event in Llanberis on Saturday

Does anyone have any idea what the event was that was taking place in Llanberis area yesterday (Saturday 19/08), seemed as if it was a pair event, we saw them coming down the zig-zags in the quarry, as if they had come off Elidir, seemed to be quite a large field, numbers sponsored by First Hydro????.........

Re: Event in Llanberis on Satu

think I got it - "the snowdonia 7" event, over Snowdon, Glyders and Elidir, looks like it's a police team event thing, anyone heard of it??

Yes its an interpolice force fell race - see www.snowdonia7.co.uk - not aimed at just fell running coppers, it stems from a historical event aimed at the old police cadets to encourage teamwork/endurance etc - route is about 22 miles, llanberis to snowdon summit (along path by railway), over to crib-y-dsydsgl, down to glasyn and around to pen-y-pass and then up the minerstrack to glyder fach, over to glyder fawr, then on the ridge to fole goch, y garn, and elider fawr before dropping back down to nant peris, and running through the power station site to llanberis. All good fun - wetaher was shocking though, and due to injury, my team had to drop out at Pen -y- pass - never mind, im sure the hills will be there next year!

Ah, you missed the river crossing, where lots of people had to be grabbed by their rucksacks to stop being swept down the Pen y Gwyrd. I swam across upstream, and still wasn't any wetter than when I started. The Glyders were a joy as well, with wet, slimey, sharp rocks, which had me on my arse.

The grapevine had it than only 20 teams finished, out of 80 entered. I didn't go to the presentation. Anybody know?

How did you get on Pudgy
    The race does not always go to the swift, but to the ones who keep running

disco stan

A bunch of over paid coppers doing team bonding exercises, nice!

Got round. Walking funny now though. Overpaid, Stanners? Not me driving a subby and paying for the Rabbits alcohol intake

Quote Originally Posted by Pudgy View Post
    Got round. Walking funny now though. Overpaid, Stanners? Not me driving a subby and paying for the Rabbits alcohol intake
    Only a Subby??? They drive Evo's by me....

disco stan

Thought i might get you biting on that one pudgy.
    Rabbit's taken up playing dominos with the blue rinse brigade at happy hour.
    well he might as well cause he don't do much training or racing, excuses excuses.
    Bloody young ones today!!!

Well done, forgot all about it during the day, but guess it was bit of an 'epic' - and organisers promised the weather couldn't be worse than last year .

Had my own problems to contend with, seriously missing runners over the Elan valleys and a high drop-out rate. Why do runners set off to do 43 miles in the pouring rain with a map and no waterproof cover. One even had his map in a Sainsburys carrier bag .
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.