Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Garmin Express 310XT?

Garmin Express 310XT?

I tried to transfer data from my 310XT to Garmin Connect by Garmin Express, but it didn't work, so I re-installed my ANT+ stick. I'm wondering about trying again, but Garmin say you have to uninstall the ANT_ stick completely (which I did) before installing Express, so I don't want to do all that again for nothing. Please, has anyone had success with the 310XT and Express?
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

Alexandra

I have had a 310 XT etc for several years and previously other Garmins.

In my experience it all works but once or twice it has gone all temperamental and I have had to reload patiently from square 1. From memory the device hasn't always been recognised first time (or second time, or third time) and I seem to recall there are two sets of instructions which are slightly different: but I have got there in the end.

IMHO there was no practical advantage at all in going "wireless" over hard wire. All it does is introduce an unnecessary area for vulnerability: but there we are.

Graham
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    I tried to transfer data from my 310XT to Garmin Connect by Garmin Express, but it didn't work, so I re-installed my ANT+ stick. I'm wondering about trying again, but Garmin say you have to uninstall the ANT_ stick completely (which I did) before installing Express, so I don't want to do all that again for nothing. Please, has anyone had success with the 310XT and Express?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Thanks, Graham, but are you using Express?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Thanks, Graham, but are you using Express?
    Yes.

I repeat, I have had several frustrating hours over the years and never been clear why a problem developed or why it suddenly worked OK on repeated reloading: but in answer to your original question - the system does work and I transfer data from my 310XT to my PC several times a week and have done for several years.

G

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Yes.

I repeat, I have had several frustrating hours over the years and never been clear why a problem developed or why it suddenly worked OK on repeated reloading: but in answer to your original question - the system does work and I transfer data from my 310XT to my PC several times a week and have done for several years.

G
    Well, that's encouraging (sort of).

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Yes.

G
    Ditto.
    It got so bad that I haven't bothered for the few runs I have been doing. I have just found my 305, if I find the cradle I will be tempted to sell the XT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    Ditto.
    It got so bad that I haven't bothered for the few runs I have been doing. I have just found my 305, if I find the cradle I will be tempted to sell the XT.
    I had a 305, two in fact, of fond memory!

Super Moderator
    Do these gadgets record accurately "fell" runs?
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Do these gadgets record accurately "fell" runs?
    There is always some debate about the height gain/loss accuracy but the unit connects to several satellites (ie think it is a minimum of 4) and eg when you download the trace it will show which side of the trail you were running on, say, an out and back route. In one sense it doesn't matter but in another the technology on your wrist is mind boggling. It is also of course possible to put a route into the unit and then follow it and if you divert even a few yards the unit will tell you and point you back onto the right route. Even in the dark! BGR?

They are also valuable after you have gone walkabout in showing just where you went wrong.

Enough already!

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar
    I've been drinking, so excuse me if I'm no help at all.

With my 310 when I've occasionally had download problems you can toggle through the watches menu to "Download All".

Dunno if this will help you.

Hope the rest of your Christmas was merry.