Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Garmin Express 310XT?

Are all f the new Garmin watches now Bluetooth?

I never really understood why my old 310xt wasn't tbh.
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    Are all f the new Garmin watches now Bluetooth?

I never really understood why my old 310xt wasn't tbh.
    Garmin owns the Ant protocol, hence its adoption in Garmin products. It seems the preferred connection is now wifi direct to the Internet or blue tooth via a mobile phone, very few if any phones have ant+ connectivity. Ant+ still seems to be popular for additional sensors for transmitting data to Garmins (and other fitness trackers), such as bike cadence and speed sensors due to lower power consumption compared to Blue Tooth. BTLE (Blue Tooth Low Energy) may start to challenge that.

Garmin Express has always been a complete PITA. For some reason as soon as Garmin gets a product working it scraps it and starts again, resulting in another shoddy product for a year or so until they iron out the bugs.

Oh, I knew it was a Garmin thing Ant+

Quite glad my FR225 has Bluetooth tbh, I just switch my phones Bluetooth on and let it do its thing.
    pies

Corredor - mine always renames all of the files to the same date when I go to a different time zone or the clocks go back/forward. I think it is an internal clock issue. I just try to remember to make sure the transfer is up to date and then delete all of the history when this is going to happen.

Just for info my Samsung has an Ant+ app supplied but never tried it as my watch doesnt BlueTooth!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Corredor - mine always renames all of the files to the same date when I go to a different time zone or the clocks go back/forward. I think it is an internal clock issue. I just try to remember to make sure the transfer is up to date and then delete all of the history when this is going to happen.
    Ha, I wondered why I recently discovered a whole load of activities all dated 3 March - and I'm not even in a time zone that puts clocks forward/back!

I have had my 310XT for over 5 years now and bought a s/h one for second half of the L100 a couple of years ago and have to say I have not had a single problem with either of them.
    now got a good 5 years of stats built up on garmin connect and really useful for comparing performances or training schedules
    really fancy the Fenix 3 but whilst the 310xt's are going strong no point in changing

I had a Fenix 3 for about a year, in my experience it was wildly inaccurate - had me running in totally different street often and unreliable, new updates every week, where you pray the thing will survive. Randomly paired with other peoples HRM during races, then paused while it told you it was out of range. I really missed the 310XT, if you can cope without the phone syncing stick with it, one of the best watches I've owned.
    I'm now on a Suunto, very happy, rock solid I've no idea how to switch it off let alone factory reset it once a week.