Thread: Planning training resouce

Planning training resouce

Hi all,

I'm trying to add structure to my training and was wondering if anyone can recommend any good resources? Books/websites etc.

What I want is something to guide my through planning a long term schedule so that I can peak for different key races. I've got my races chosen for up till September so want to make the most of my time. I'd like to develop knowledge of micro/macro cycles and key sessions.

Cheers,

Matt

Master
    Matthew

You don't state what your aims/goals are as setting those or having an outline of what you would like to do will then need to be reflected in your training programme. your Meso cycles would look very different if you were planning an ultra challenge as opposed to a series of short races.

You are quite right sorry. I'm looking at building to racing marathon distance in July, with a few halves thrown in before then. Current regular long run is around 16miles, sometimes 20. Probably average 50miles a week peaking at 70. Also do some bike work (6hours commuting).

Thanks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    You are quite right sorry. I'm looking at building to racing marathon distance in July, with a few halves thrown in before then. Current regular long run is around 16miles, sometimes 20. Probably average 50miles a week peaking at 70. Also do some bike work (6hours commuting).

Thanks.
    Matthew.so you mean rad rather than fell. What time do you aim for in your halves and full. What kind of thing have you been doing up until now

Nope, fell, it's just they happen to be around about half and marathon distances! Currently a speed work session (mixing up disances but 10 x 1min, 5 x 2min efforts or 4min efforts), a threshold session (3 x 15min at 80-85% mhr), long run and maybe another run in there.