Thread: Overuse injuries

Overuse injuries

Hi everyone,

I am a final year Sport and Exercise Sciences student at University of Leeds and my research group and I are doing some research into overuse injuries in fell runners and the prevention and treatment of these injuries.

We are interested in finding out a few things from you...

What are the common overuse injuries you experience as fell runners? Do you find it easy to get expert advice on how to prevent overuse injuries? Do you find it easy to access rehabilitation for your overuse injuries?

It would be great if you could give us some general information on your experiences of rehab for overuse injuries.

Thanks!

Sophie

Quote Originally Posted by scb View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am a final year Sport and Exercise Sciences student at University of Leeds and my research group and I are doing some research into overuse injuries in fell runners and the prevention and treatment of these injuries.

We are interested in finding out a few things from you...

What are the common overuse injuries you experience as fell runners? Do you find it easy to get expert advice on how to prevent overuse injuries? Do you find it easy to access rehabilitation for your overuse injuries?

It would be great if you could give us some general information on your experiences of rehab for overuse injuries.

Thanks!

Sophie
    Can you clarify what you mean by an 'overuse injury'? Do you mean something which has been brought about by abnormal muscle recruitment patterns/biomechanical problems; or do you mean something which does not have this kind of pathology like say a stress fracture?

I have a pretty messy history with muscle recruitment and gait problems, but to be fair my participation in fell running has nothing to do with them. I was born this way and would have ended up in just as large a mess if i'd have taken up Hockey or Basketball.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent