Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Banned
    The trade will be fine.

Self levelling and no worries for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Who was it who was going to have a listen to Veedon Fleece? Marco I think . . .my phone called it Aberdeen Fleece btw
    Dunno.

But I was prompted to put a stack of his albums on for a whole day - and although it felt like a lifetime - Veedon Fleece is one of his better ones. Shades of Astral Weeks but more accessible and without the radio friendly/ Top 40 song he started placing on his later records to persuade the unsuspecting to make a purchase after listening to just the first track (in the record shop listening booth!).
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    I think it's time to stop the endless carping and celebrate this phenomenal success of the FRA Forum in getting up to 654,115 posts on topics mostly unrelated to fell running, which nobody would have known about until after earlier in the year.
    And mostly posted by only 7 people!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    That document you refer to was published 9 months ago and would no doubt have been a few weeks in preparation so nearly a year old.

All I said was at the moment she doesn't seem to be pushing for it. Certainly not as much as she was 18months/2 years ago.

Its weird how you always seem to belittle anyone who has a different point of view or opinion to yours and because you disagree them they must be wrong.
    Tries to bully people. QUOTE post #446

Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    It's good to see that, instead of using a word like 'certainly', you're now using words like 'might' and 'may' and 'maybe'!
    You really thought it was worth posting that?

There's "certainly" something twisted going on in there.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    You really thought it was worth posting that?
    I hope you don't mind my saying so, Mr Park, but you seem to be a very angry sort of person, and someone who's never satisfied with life. (My apologies if that should be Ms. Park - I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with the given name 'Witton'.) If so, perhaps one way to start coming to terms with your anger would be to ask yourself the same questions as you ask of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    But I was prompted to put a stack of his albums on for a whole day
    A whole day listening to 5 songs? Are you a bit more of a fan than you've been letting on? Might it be the case that not all of your posts are to be taken 100% literally? In which case, might Oracle have been being a bit unfair to you by characterising you as the sort of person who would push a little old lady out of the way in the Booths supermarket aisle in order to get to the last packet of Pontefract Cakes, or would deliberately ride their Bianchi at high speed through a puddle on the canal towpath in order to splash a group of picnicking nuns just so as to be able to shout out "Suck that up, you penguin losers!" at them? (One of the things I've learnt from this forum is what a Bianchi is.)

Oh, dear. (I never liked his songs, anyway. And he only actually had 5 different ones. I've always said they were all rubbish.) Perhaps Van the Man is Oracle!

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...wn-covid-songs

On No More Lockdown, Morrison sings:

“No more lockdown / No more government overreach / No more fascist bullies / Disturbing our peace …
    No more taking of our freedom / And our God-given rights / Pretending it’s for our safety / When it’s really to enslave …”

The song also condemns “celebrities telling us what we’re supposed to feel”, although the 75-year-old Northern Irish songwriter denied doing this himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I'd forgotten how good '68 was for music
    One advantage I've found of my memory getting worse and worse is that I can re-read books, re-watch films, and re-listen to music numerous times with just a short break in between, and each time it's like the first time. Mind you, for some of the books, films and music in my collection, that's not a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    I hope you don't mind my saying so, Mr Park, but you seem to be a very angry sort of person, and someone who's never satisfied with life. (My apologies if that should be Ms. Park - I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with the given name 'Witton'.) If so, perhaps one way to start coming to terms with your anger would be to ask yourself the same questions as you ask of others.
    Not angry at all. Covid aside life is good. However it's apparent that on this forum, more than ever at the moment, there are a few posters intent on trying to goad.

With regard to the subject of forum identity. You'll see my name mentioned at the bottom of all my posts and I've been around on this forum for quite a while and made no secret of who I am. So your confusion over my identity is puzzling. Mind you, it's also a remarkably similar approach to a few now apparently lapsed members of the forum which suggests some previous connection to old members, maybe not, but I suppose it's best not to go down that route.

Far better to just leave you to your own devices, which I will, although I'm sure you'll struggle to resist the urge as others also do.

Try and fight the demons.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell