Page 45 of 64 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    or you could look at some actual data...

recent polls, with 57% saying they'll vote SNP, more than twice the vote for any other party and 53% supporting a "yes" to independence vote.

In fact in the 16 polls about independence this year, only two have come out against (in both cases by 1%) and two were tied.

So yeah, sounds like the Scottish are really anti-independence.

Two months ago polls also suggested support for rejoining the EU was at 63%. And a few weeks ago, 67% were against leaving the EU, up from 62% in the referendum.

So yeah, sounds like the Scottish are really anti-EU.
    So why is Nicola Sturgeon not pushing for an independence referendum vote at the moment?

Because she know's she'll lose it!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    So why is Nicola Sturgeon not pushing for an independence referendum vote at the moment?

Because she know's she'll lose it!
    Er.... she is pushing for it https://www.gov.scot/binaries/conten...ands-hands.pdf

I think she's recently pledged to publish draft legislation for a new vote before next May

Its weird how you just spout things out, thinking presumably because you said them they must therefore be true
    Last edited by Fellbeast; 17-09-2020 at 02:17 PM.

sounds like Sturgeon is going to lose, eh?
    especially as support for independence has been the majority view for much of 2020 and as I said in an earlier post, "Not one poll since March has found a majority among Scots for remaining in the UK."
    She must be crapping herself.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    Er.... she is pushing for it https://www.gov.scot/binaries/conten...ands-hands.pdf

I think she's recently pledged to publish draft legislation for a new vote before next May

Its weird how you just spout things out, thinking presumably because you said them they must therefore be true
    That document you refer to was published 9 months ago and would no doubt have been a few weeks in preparation so nearly a year old.

All I said was at the moment she doesn't seem to be pushing for it. Certainly not as much as she was 18months/2 years ago.

Its weird how you always seem to belittle anyone who has a different point of view or opinion to yours and because you disagree them they must be wrong.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    If you want peer reviewed studies I'm going to disappoint.
    It's good to see that, instead of using a word like 'certainly', you're now using words like 'might' and 'may' and 'maybe'!

I think it's time to stop the endless carping and celebrate this phenomenal success of the FRA Forum in getting up to 654,115 posts on topics mostly unrelated to fell running, which nobody would have known about until after earlier in the year.
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Super Moderator
    Why don’t you switch off your computer and go and do something less boring instead?
    Poacher turned game-keeper

You're showing your age there, DT

Super Moderator
    Wait for tomorrow’s Double Deckers reference! It going to be ace

Super Moderator
    Who was it who was going to have a listen to Veedon Fleece? Marco I think . . .my phone called it Aberdeen Fleece btw