Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Oops, it seems I've just revived an old thread. If the vote says "no", can we go back to this thread as though nothing's happened?

Perhaps this should be the backstop thread.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Oops, it seems I've just revived an old thread. If the vote says "no", can we go back to this thread as though nothing's happened?

Pressure getting to you Noel?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    The other one should be made the backstop thread. This one starts in a much better vein.

Banned
    It's dragging on.

They still want to control how we leave.

Its "see ya later" time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Typical BBC. Here's the BBC website on 31 January claiming that the UK has officially left the EU.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51307874

"The UK formally ended its EU membership at the stroke of midnight on Friday in Brussels, 23:00 GMT in London. A projection of a countdown clock in Downing Street marked the occasion."

It now turns out we never left after all. Thanks for pointing that out, Stagger.

Scrap the BBC.

What is Boris’ game with the Internal Market Bill? I cannot think of any advantage to this and the various bodies weighing into the debate advise caution (including the US who would block a trade deal on the back of it)

Some grand strategy or just a grubby desire to ‘get brexit done’?

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    It's dragging on.

Sorry Stagger but you must be on another planet to me. It's actually about us doing what we've agreed to do in accordance with International Law.

Interestingly the leader of Congress in the US has stated that there is no way a future US-UK trade deal with get ratified, if the UK doesn't hold to what it absolutely 100% agreed to in the Withdrawal Bill. It will in the same way jeopardise many big international relationships let alone completely arsing up our trading relationship with the EU

Quote Originally Posted by RichA View Post
    What is Boris’ game with the Internal Market Bill? I cannot think of any advantage to this and the various bodies weighing into the debate advise caution (including the US who would block a trade deal on the back of it)

Some grand strategy or just a grubby desire to ‘get brexit done’?
    If you are referring to Pelosi in the US, that's about as surprising as Grieve popping up and doing the rounds. I'm not to fussed on a trade deal with the US, but I think it hinges on the outcome of the election this Autumn.

What Boris is doing seems to be in response to the EU negotiating team suggesting that in the event of no deal, they would be able to create problems in the relationship between NI and the rest of the UK.

Here is a brief explanation. Paragraph 4 is quite heart-warming as Gina Miller seems to have clarified the legal position on this matter.
    https://assets.publishing.service.go..._Statement.pdf
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    Sorry Stagger but you must be on another planet to me. It's actually about us doing what we've agreed to do in accordance with International Law.

Interestingly the leader of Congress in the US has stated that there is no way a future US-UK trade deal with get ratified, if the UK doesn't hold to what it absolutely 100% agreed to in the Withdrawal Bill. It will in the same way jeopardise many big international relationships let alone completely arsing up our trading relationship with the EU
    That is to do with Northern Ireland peace agreement.

Banned
    Just resign like and member would do.

Or

Follow the pro football stance and just don't turn up.