Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Since he's been outed, I've noticed an improvement in his behaviour, although not his output
    a) I wasn't 'outed'

b) Go back and read what I said and what it was said in response to

c) You're sounding ever so much like a secondary school form teacher Witton, filling in my report

d) At least most of my output is backed up with sources and reason rather than self invented cods wallop
    Last edited by Fellbeast; 15-10-2020 at 08:40 AM.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Since he's been outed, I've noticed an improvement in his behaviour, although not his output
    Yeah Richard that'll be as a result of his anger management course. But judging by his comments he'll be due another session soon. Regarding his attitude to Brexit he reminds me of those old Tom and Jerry cartoons where being pursued Jerry takes a sharp turn leaving Tom to slam into the wall. He then gradually descends with his finger and toe nails scraping down the wall. Oh and his face as flat as a pancake!

Quote Originally Posted by CL View Post
    Yeah Richard that'll be as a result of his anger management course. But judging by his comments he'll be due another session soon. Regarding his attitude to Brexit he reminds me of those old Tom and Jerry cartoons where being pursued Jerry takes a sharp turn leaving Tom to slam into the wall. He then gradually descends with his finger and toe nails scraping down the wall. Oh and his face as flat as a pancake!
    Haha you really do seem to hold a lasting grudge. Zip your man bag up and get over it

Here's an interesting map putting in perspective Boris's proclaimed option for the UK to have an Australian "deal" (aka no deal) with the EU. Whilst Australia doesn't have a an active free trade deal with the EU, it's funny how all of the countries/areas that it does have a free trade deal with are geographically closest to it. Hmmm.... maybe Australia are on to something there

I love the idea of an "Australian deal": they don't have one and have been negotiating one since 2018. It would be just as accurate to describe it as an "Indonesian" deal....
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    It's likely that a Windows update has mistakenly changed your location to be in the US, thus changing your keyboard layout. If you tell me which version of Windows you're using I will tell you how to fix it
    Just using my old Android nexus 7, so don't bother, our proper computer knows where we live and our currency.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    Whilst Australia doesn't have a an active free trade deal with the EU, it's funny how all of the countries/areas that it does have a free trade deal with are geographically closest to it. Hmmm.... maybe Australia are on to something there
    I have a modest proposal which will kill the two biggest, most controversial, birds with one stone: Brexit and Coronavirus.

On the Coronavirus thread I have pointed out that the countries with the best records in keeping Covid deaths low are mostly at Eastern longitudes, with the situation getting generally worse as one moves West. So my proposal is:

Relocate the United Kingdom to the Pacific Ocean, just East of Japan.

This will put us into the zone of low Covid deaths. And with regard to Brexit, it will locate us close to a country with which we have just signed a trade deal (whereas it looks like we are going to have no deal with the EU). So, as Fellbeast points out, we will have the advantage of geographical proximity to our main trading partner. We might even get a deal with Australia from that location.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

An easier solution is to move 0 degrees longitude to just to the west of the British Isles....

I can only imagine the term Australian style deal was because some had envisaged that without an FTA we wouldn't be able to trade with the EU.
    No deal means no trade - some really do think that.
    The use of Australia or India or Indonesia.... really is just to frame in people's minds that we can trade with them after December.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by CL View Post
    Looks like you know him better than me
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell