Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    I just love being called a ‘remoaner”; every single time somebody trots it out it makes me detest brexit just that little bit more... and even more determined to never give up until we successfully rejoin

I’m a rejoiner not a remoaner

As for brexit being ‘about far more than economics’, it’s funny how brexit became increasingly ‘about far more than economics’ once everyone increasingly began to realise that the economics of it were increasingly shit. You know, as predicted right from the start by all of the experts Michael Gove had had enough of.....
    Take Control of... borders, laws, money....

It was about bringing power back from Brussels and as the referendum was close, had the EU been more pragmatic with Cameron, they may well have averted it. But I think their arrogant approach to some of his quite sensible requests tipped the balance.

Interestingly now, the borders element is being pushed by Macron and I can imagine he'll get quite a bit of support.

With respect to economic issues, the Remain side produced a load of dodgy information that took some reasonable analysis suggesting a 2-3% lower GDP than if we were to stay in over around 15 years and tried to make it look calamitous.
    Project Fear.
    Seems that tactic worked with Indy Ref, so they tried again, and we now get it with the Climate Catastrophe and the Covid Pandemic Presentations.

The public generally see through such unwarranted scaremongering.

The graphic above that you posted earlier is just the irrelevant convulsion of a dead corpse of a cause.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Take Control of... borders, laws, money....
    WP - there's currently a vacancy for the role of Chief Adviser to Boris Johnson. Get your application in quick!

Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    WP - there's currently a vacancy for the role of Chief Adviser to Boris Johnson. Get your application in quick!

He's far too busy reading and quoting bollox that supports his views on the FRA forum.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    He's far too busy reading and quoting bollox that supports his views on the FRA forum.
    I'm aware of his reading and quoting bollox, but I didn't know Boris read the forum.

just thought I'd add to my portfolio of bollocks by quoting you.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Apparently, Boris Johnson has just given an interview in which he said that at the time he appointed Cummings as his Chief Adviser he hadn't realised that Cummings was a divisive and obnoxious character. But he knows he made a mistake and has fully learned all necessary lessons and so is now going to ensure that his Government adopts a more collegiate, conciliatory and unifying approach from now on. So, he's asked Donald Trump to be his new Chief Adviser. (Mr Magoo wasn't available, apparently.)

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    but I didn't know Boris read the forum.
    But wait until you hear this bit of gossip. I'm sure everyone knew that the No 10 staff had nicknames for each other. The rumour now is that Johnson's nickname for Cummings was 'Oracle'! Now where have we heard that name before?

Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    But wait until you hear this bit of gossip. I'm sure everyone knew that the No 10 staff had nicknames for each other. The rumour now is that Johnson's nickname for Cummings was 'Oracle'! Now where have we heard that name before?
    Well Oracle did used to claim he knew Boris so the evidence is now conclusive.

Sorry to reopen this, but from 11.00pm we're all ****ed, sold down the river by morons!

Sorry to reopen this, but from 11.00pm we're all ****ed, sold down the river by morons!
    May I wish you a happy and prosperous New Year on behalf of 17,410,742 morons!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog