Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    This decision is much more important than who is leading the out campaign, if Cameron had done what he said then he would be leading it.

It really is a vote of principal, not personalities, not short term concerns about the economy and certainly not immigration.
    You have hit the nail on the head there BF. So many people are putting their vote to the personalities leading it. The vote is to vote on your own beliefs of where you want your Country to be long after these men/women have left the scene. My vote is for Leave, this is my decision. Whatever the decision is for others it is their decision and should be respected as such.

This Britain on Britain personality clash should stop. This vote is about each British man/woman of voting age voting on where they believe Britain belongs in the World.

Whatever the outcome come Friday morning we will all still be in the same country, working in the same workplace, living in the same streets, belonging to the same family and circle of friends. We are all still British and I for one am glad we live in a country where we are allowed to vote as we see fit.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    This decision is much more important than who is leading the out campaign, if Cameron had done what he said then he would be leading it.

It really is a vote of principal, not personalities, not short term concerns about the economy and certainly not immigration.
    Of those who have publicly associated themselves with in or out, or indeed who have played a big part in the respective campaigns, most of us only know their media personalities - in other words we can only get a subjective impression as to what their motives are. So, in the absence of "facts", whose principles do you trust?

Just being listening to Kezia Dugdale ( leader of Scottish Labour ) and a fairly prominent Remain campaigner, whilst attempting to justify mass uncontrolled immigration, did not know the immigration figure into Scotland in 2014, it was only 8000, the other 250000 are in England, talk about not being in the real world.

When asked why migrants found Scotland so unattractive , Kezia told us she didnt know and sat there with a blank expression on her face !

I was leave, then remain, now undecided!!!!
    Made the BIG mistake of watching the 2 hour BBC debate last night. FFS!!!!!! I couldn't stand ANY of them! It just got me more and more angry.

Big breath. Big step back. Elevate mind to 10,000 feet.

And think.

The biggest thing in the world that I hate and abhor is the fact that the blo*dy Fellrunner no longer published Miles/Feet in race results. I cannot visualise in Km/m!! But many can. So get with programme!

Being in Europe is often the same. It's easy to get irritated by a change that 'someone else' makes which is not to your taste but most others seem not to be bothered by.

So, put my irritation to one side. Is the Fellrunner still a great mag? Yup.

Can I put up with being increasingly 'governed' by a faceless unelected Commission? Well, I dont waste much sleep over the Civil Service do I? I know they dont make the laws but not much happens without their guidance and input....the sleeping partner of UK Democracy.

Witton, your appeal is a good one but its impact is blunted by the wrapping of the Brexiteers.
    In the end, we elected Dave or could elect Jezza both of whom say remain. So I will take my final guidance from their unanimity.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Banned

Nice one! Thanks Stagger, gave me a smile at the end of the day!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Master
    Why are some saying they haven't been given enough facts to make a decision? Where have they been for the past twenty years. Haven't they got eyes, can't they see what's going on here and in Europe. Really if these people still don't know then in all conscience they shouldn't vote.

Out of all the things that have happened recently which shows the contempt the remain side have for the outers remember the leaflet scandal. The government, which was divided on the issue, spent millions on a campaign convincing us to remain when they knew about half the country was for coming out of Europe. If they had any interest in justice they would have also spent an equal amount on the out campaign.

If that doesn't get you out of bed to vote leave tomorrow then no other scandal will.

Master
    There has been some speculation about a replacement for David Cameron should the majority be for out. Obviously the public assume it will be Boris or some other familiar face and that may affect the way they vote. There are other less well known politicians who could enter any leadership contest on a leave vote and they are worth considering before you vote tomorrow.

One in particular appeals to me. His name is Daniel Hannan. This Man has a good grasp of European law and has fought to leave the European union with well argued articles. He also has a good understanding of political history and freedom. I think he would make a good prime minister. He's not a 10/10 but who is? Look him up you've got some hours left.

Super Moderator
    Hannan. Born in 1971 and Oxford educated Tory. He'll certainly bring a free approach to politics
    Poacher turned game-keeper