Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Pitfall Harry View Post
    The young want to remain and the old want to leave. I find this the most interesting of all. I have no explanations for this one. Anyone?
    The young are often represented in this debate as wanting that freedom of movement to go off and travel to atudy or work abroad and experience the world and that a vote to leave will affect that.

It sounds great and appealing, even if a bit of a red herring as from the 100s of kids I've seen go off to Uni whilst coaching, not one has gone to the EU that I can recall.
    The States is the usual destination, Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia and one went to Peru.

The point is that the youth have pretty much freedom of movement if they have the academic and financial resources to do it and there are few restrictions.
    Leaving the EU will not affect this.

So it doesn't surprise me that they lean this way.

But it also means that there are those that are not going to Uni, not with financial resources to have these options. What is the future for them?
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Interestingly a survey carried out on UKHillwalking/Climbing forum of over 4000 replies came out as:

81% remain
    12% leave
    7% not vote

Although I'm very much a remain person (postal vote went in a couple of weeks ago) for purely personal reasons - at our age we don't want potential 10 years of risk to economy, if I was 25 years younger I may have voted exit.
    I'm not sure what the above figures show as there can be little difference between hillwalkers, climbers, fell runners, so I am not discounting the final vote going heavily towards the stay in. We shall see what happens.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Cross placed in bottom box.
    Apparently the German tabloid Bild has promised to acknowledge that Geoff Hurst's second goal in the 1966 world cup final did cross the line if we vote to remain. I was tempted.....but only briefly

Banned
    2 teenages who asked me about completing the ballot paper both voted to leave. That was 7.05am this morning.

I work with 16-20 year olds and the most want to leave but none have yet voted.

Super Moderator
    I met three teenagers yesterday who had obviously thought long and hard and they were all remainers. Bright kids. Educated thinkers
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    Apparently the German tabloid Bild has promised to acknowledge that Geoff Hurst's second goal in the 1966 world cup final did cross the line if we vote to remain. I was tempted.....but only briefly
    Haha
    Poacher turned game-keeper

I'm now at the 'shake it all about' stage of this particular hokey-cokey!
    Will probably vote at 9.59!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Sorry Stagger, if that constitutes an exit poll then your in trouble.

Apparently you can say how you voted but not how anyone else voted!
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post

If we leave do we get kicked out of the Euros

Usually.