Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Witton you can support your now international criminals as much as you like but, in the end, they signed the Withdrawal Agreement, a binding international treaty, with the EU, which they purposely rushed through to avoid scrutiny and "get (f**king) Brexit done" and won an election on the back of.

Now, having finally bothered to read their own (f**king) Withdrawal Agreement (which if you remember they rushed through and fought an election on) are now proving themselves to be shysters of the lowest order and are reneging on their own (f**king ) Withdrawal Agreement.

I suspect Japan, having just signed an trade agreement with us, might be just a little worried about our ability to keep to our word...

This a great article and well worth a read (and is very balanced too ).

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...mbling/616343/

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    Witton you can support your now international criminals as much as you like but, in the end, they signed the Withdrawal Agreement, a binding international treaty, with the EU, which they purposely rushed through to avoid scrutiny and "get (f**king) Brexit done" and won an election on the back of.

Now, having finally bothered to read their own (f**king) Withdrawal Agreement (which if you remember they rushed through and fought an election on) are now proving themselves to be shysters of the lowest order and are reneging on their own (f**king ) Withdrawal Agreement.

I suspect Japan, having just signed an trade agreement with us, might be just a little worried about our ability to keep to our word...
    criminals in the court of Fellbeast who is both judge and jury

The treaty binds both sides by the way, but such agreements only bind them until one party departs from the terms as set out in the agreement.

At the moment the UK Government hasn't broken anything, they have paved the way for it if required.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    criminals in the court of Fellbeast who is both judge and jury

The treaty binds both sides by the way, but such agreements only bind them until one party departs from the terms as set out in the agreement.

At the moment the UK Government hasn't broken anything, they have paved the way for it if required.
    Yeah you may be right. I guess the crime has to be committed first but it’s still stated intent and willingness to commit a crime isn’t it, being used as (another) gun to our own head negotiating ploy. If I said to Boris that I “intend” to throw eggs at him tomorrow in parliament, I suspect the police would try and stop me doing it ��
    Last edited by Fellbeast; 15-09-2020 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    Yeah you may be right. I guess the crime has to be committed first but it’s still stated intent and willingness to commit a crime isn’t it, being used as (another) gun to our own head negotiating ploy. If I said to Boris that I “intend” to throw eggs at him tomorrow in parliament, I suspect the police would try and stop me doing it ��
    You'd get away with it if you relied on the Johnson-Cummings defence - i.e it has to be 'specific' (only the throwing of eggs) and 'limited' (only throwing at Boris)
    Am Yisrael Chai

Similar to the EU not agreeing where their parliament should be, perhaps the border should be between Ireland and England in even years and between Ireland and the EU in odd years.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Institute for Government says bill breaks the law and it's even mentioned in the Bill itself.
    https://www.instituteforgovernment.o...ernational-law

Just as worrying as intentionally breaking International Law because you failed to see the implications of your "oven ready" deal, is the removal of judicial oversight from ministerial decisions. Which means that such decisions could never be judged illegal, even if they broke domestic law.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    Just as worrying as intentionally breaking International Law because you failed to see the implications of your "oven ready" deal, is the removal of judicial oversight from ministerial decisions. Which means that such decisions could never be judged illegal, even if they broke domestic law.

More widely, this inept shenanigans also plays right into the hands of the SNP and their like, providing further ammo to those who want to see a break up of the Union. Come to think of it, wasn't the Act of Union 1707 just another international treaty? So what if they promised not to have another INDY ref within a generation. They might have done a Boris and played that well tried diplomatic get-out-of-a-promise tactic of having had their fingers crossed behind their backs. Doh!
    Am Yisrael Chai

The Herald are already, ahem, heralding it as "a "Trojan horse" to destroy devolution":

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...controversial/
    ....it's all downhill from here.