Thread: Mudclaw 265

Mudclaw 265

Noticed these are not on Pete Bland or Inov 8 websites anymore. Does this mean they have stopped doing them or are they about to release a new model?

Hope they haven't stopped these as the Mudclaw 300 has a 6mm drop rather than the 3mm drop on the 265. The 265s have been my shoe of choice for the last few years.

I can't see them stopping them given how popular they seem to be and given all the raid we've had this year. I just picked up a pair of 265's for £60 off sports shoes website last week which I thought was a top bargain so it may be stock is being sold off cheap to pave way for a new range coming out. The 265 bit relates to weight of shoe so I can imagine there will come a point where there will be an even lighter race version of the mudclaw.

Could anyone provide a brief run-down of the various inov8 options at the moment. The list seems to have explanded since I last looked in detail. The last few years I've been in the x-talon 212 but is there an alternative for someone wanting to buy just one pair of shoes looking for a decent "catch-all" option that can cope reasonably with most underfoot conditions?
    Leeds City AC: "Pure Sporting Delight"

I'm a bit confused with all the different options for the Mudclaw 300 available at the moment, some colours are cheaper than others from the same store - why? I wonder what's wrong with them! But there are a lot of bargains at the moment, because they are just bringing new stock in.

Re the 265 v the 300 - I like the lesser drop in the 265 - helps stop me turning my ankle - but the studs are not as deep on my red ones compared to my yellow 300's - so I'm forced to wear the 300's where I know it will be thick mud - which is everywhere at the moment.

Do other folk find this discrepancy in stud length between the 265 and 300.?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrun View Post
    I'm a bit confused with all the different options for the Mudclaw 300 available at the moment, some colours are cheaper than others from the same store - why? I wonder what's wrong with them! But there are a lot of bargains at the moment, because they are just bringing new stock in.

Re the 265 v the 300 - I like the lesser drop in the 265 - helps stop me turning my ankle - but the studs are not as deep on my red ones compared to my yellow 300's - so I'm forced to wear the 300's where I know it will be thick mud - which is everywhere at the moment.

Do other folk find this discrepancy in stud length between the 265 and 300.?
    You are right Sky run, they are different soles.
    The yellow 300 mudclaws were replaced by the blue / red ones which had a slightly different sole. Some people liked it, some preferred the previous sole on the yellow shoe. So, Inov8 have brought back the yellow 300 with its aggressive sole, but have changed the shoe colour to green.
    See the light in the night

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    You are right Sky run, they are different soles.
    The yellow 300 mudclaws were replaced by the blue / red ones which had a slightly different sole. Some people liked it, some preferred the previous sole on the yellow shoe. So, Inov8 have brought back the yellow 300 with its aggressive sole, but have changed the shoe colour to green.
    ... and you can still get the newer style ( less aggressive ) sole ones, now in a new colour - they have changed the blue/red to black/red ( though I'm sure some shops/websites will still have some old stock of the blue/red which should now be cheaper)