Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buffalo Mountain/Wind sht

The Buffalo is a great price of kit. Excellent to just slip on after a run, In winter they really come Ito there own ,on a breezy sub zero day you feel just about rite on a long winters run. The pluss point it you never feel wet with sweat also once stopped you don't feel chilled,
    sadly My buffalo got cut off me by paramedics last month but now looking for another secondhand one to replace it,
    they will last 20 years plus so secondhand ones are still good kit
    I might be Tup , But not too Tup to know that I am Tup:w00t:

I have a Buffalo Special 6 shirt which I bought about 15 years ago, it's fantastic for walking or standing about outdoors but way too hot for running in, unless it was properly sub zero conditions in the arctic circle. Mine's quite heavy/bulky too so not great for taking off and packing in a bag.

Up until going all 'lightweight' I always have had a Buffalo jacket on or in my bag when out in the hills. My first one was often used for winter runs, if I did get over warm I just unzipped the sides! Generally I just wore it on its own as that's how the manufacturers advised. The newer ones have a slightly different pile to the original one so don't seem quite so suited to running, though again I have done in poor, cold weather. No idea re: Windshirt.
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com