Thread: FRA Membership 2016

FRA Membership 2016

Following my appointment as Membership Secretary at the AGM last year, I have been getting up to speed and now, recently retired, have been able to take over the administration reins from Debbie Thompson who has been doing a brilliant job on our behalf - thank you Debbie.

I am still learning but if anyone has any membership related queries then please contact me on [email protected] and I will do my best to help you.

Meantime if you move house or any of your details change then please remember to update your profile in SiEntries to ensure uninterrupted delivery of your Fellrunner magazines and annual handbook. There are also still a few folk who have not cancelled their old Standing Orders with their bank and so they might see payment going out and then being returned as the old payee is no longer valid.

All the best and enjoy the fells
    Charmian Heaton

The Spring edition of the Fellrunner is being prepared and should go out early in April so if you are thinking about joining the FRA, now is a good time to be assured of a fine publication dropping through your letterbox in a couple of weeks time.
    Charmian Heaton

It's a really busy time with the Autumn Fellrunner in production and the 2017 Calendar / Handbook going to press shortly. To be sure of getting your Autumn Fellrunner magazine and to get 2017 membership thrown in prospective new members should join as soon as possible please by clicking on the "Join Online" button on the Membership page of the FRA website.
    Renewal reminders have gone out to our existing 2016 membership and if you are a Life Member or if you pay by Direct Debit then fear not, everything should roll over automatically thank you. However anyone who paid by other means for 2016 - you need to renew your membership by Wednesday 7th December to be assured of getting your 2017 handbook for Christmas. It would help us enormously if you could set up a Direct Debit and any renewals can be actioned by clicking on the "Edit/Renew" button on the Membership page of the FRA website.
    Charmian Heaton

Quote Originally Posted by Charmian View Post
    It's a really busy time with the Autumn Fellrunner in production and the 2017 Calendar / Handbook going to press shortly. To be sure of getting your Autumn Fellrunner magazine and to get 2017 membership thrown in prospective new members should join as soon as possible please by clicking on the "Join Online" button on the Membership page of the FRA website.
    Renewal reminders have gone out to our existing 2016 membership and if you are a Life Member or if you pay by Direct Debit then fear not, everything should roll over automatically thank you. However anyone who paid by other means for 2016 - you need to renew your membership by Wednesday 7th December to be assured of getting your 2017 handbook for Christmas. It would help us enormously if you could set up a Direct Debit and any renewals can be actioned by clicking on the "Edit/Renew" button on the Membership page of the FRA website.
    I think to increase membership then the race calendar on the website should be removed. The only benefit you get by being a member as opposed to a non member is the magazine as far as I can see. Or maybe race entry should be more expensive for non members?

Quote Originally Posted by luxinterior View Post
    I think to increase membership then the race calendar on the website should be removed. The only benefit you get by being a member as opposed to a non member is the magazine as far as I can see. Or maybe race entry should be more expensive for non members?
    Hi,

there are a number of benefits of being a member, which people can access according to their personal situation and preference:

http://fellrunner.org.uk/join-the-fra.php

Locking down certain elements of the FRA site, including the calendar, behind a members-only firewall was something that was suggested in response to the recent Member Survey, and something that is being looked into by the FRA. A levy on race entries was also suggested!

Thanks for your feedback

Barnaby Crawshaw
    Chair, Communications Sub-Committee