Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Wormstones

Nice snaps, Mark. I was sad not to be doing it this year but thought best not a I'm doing a club race tonight.

Taken a while to get round to uploading these but some more photos can be found here https://www.flickr.com/photos/114588...57668093609823

Great set of pics as usual. Thanks Shaun

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Hut View Post
    Great set of pics as usual. Thanks Shaun
    Seconded. They are very good.

Thirded.

Sorting out my Winter schedule.

Does anyone know if Wormstones is going ahead this year?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Wormstones entries now open on Events 360.

A cracking New Years Eve outing.

This was my second run at Wormstones having first done it in 2017. After a delayed start 157 runners set off at 11.15. I had forgotten about the two stiles in the first half mile so was a bit further back than I would have liked to have been at the start of the climb, having been held up in two orderly queues!

The climb from Gnat Holes to the TP at Harry Hut is exactly a mile long and ascends 775 feet, the gradient being roughly the same all the way, which I find just about runnable. Once up I made a slight detour around the marshal to touch the TP as it was my 100th different one of 2021.

A wet, peaty slog over the moor to the flagstones and after a few hundred yards of them a left turn and a great long descent initially on waterlogged peat and then a nice track into the valley. A short sharp climb up to some woods and then a couple of fields and the steep tarmacadam lane to the finish outside The Beehive.

I finished 46th and second MV60. Looking at my time I was 5 mins slower than in 2017 so was somewhat confused and disappointed, especially as I was nearly a minute quicker on the main climb. I was later informed that the course had changed and was just over half a mile longer. I thought that I didn't remember the flagstones!Doh!

Back in the Beehive very tasty "salt and pepper" chips were washed down with Yorkshire Blonde 3.9% from Ossett Brewery. The usual generous prize giving from Des who gave me a large box of biscuits for "turning up".

Thanks Des, and your team of helpers, for a great event and a fantastic way to end the Fell Racing Year.

See you in 2022.

Nice one Llani, you seem to have racked up a good number of races in 2021.... was there a reason... the 50 at 50 series...? Or just feeling fitter and injury-free?

No racing for me today. But have done my first online entry for 2022... Welsh 1000 Metres (short race)..... and booked accommodation for Y3P and Ennerdale.

No particular reason Travs. I was going to give the 50 at 50 a go but my shoulder op in the spring scuppered those plans as I didn't do my first race until May. I managed eventually to get races 17 in last year.

I've pencilled in the Welsh 1,000's but am under increasing pressure to go to my nieces wedding in Australia in May. I'm hoping they won't let us in!

It's only New Years Day and already my race plans are unravelling for this year. I've got a family funeral in Mid-Wales this weekend so it is putting my attendance at the Trigger in doubt.

Not the best start to the year.

Have you received your WFRA calendar yet?