Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wormstones

Re: Wormstones 10/08/08 Glosso

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    Has anyone got a copy of the results from this race that they can email to me? I've asked Des, and he says that he's sent them to Brett, but no sign on the results page of the FRA website.

Alternatively, if anyone has a paper copy that they can send to me, I can scan it.
    PM me your address and i will post them out to you

Re: Wormstones 10/08/08 Glosso

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeter View Post
    PM me your address and i will post them out to you
    Thanks Andy. Sent.

Wormstones on Weds 25th Aug

I've never done this before, but will be travelling over from the Dark Side safe in the knowledge that any race just over the hill in the Whaley, Hayfield, Glossop area is always a cracker.

What are anyone's thoughts on the race. I presume fell shoes are the best bet?
    Its better to have fought and lost, than not have fought at all.

Re: Wormstones on Weds 25th Au

I did it in its first year (2007?) but it went from Glossop Fire Station then. It's a fairly quick blast and the climb up to Wormstones and Harry Hut is gradual rather than steep. I would wear fell shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth of The Dark Side View Post
    I've never done this before, but will be travelling over from the Dark Side safe in the knowledge that any race just over the hill in the Whaley, Hayfield, Glossop area is always a cracker.

What are anyone's thoughts on the race. I presume fell shoes are the best bet?
    Yep, fell shoes required for this one even though there is some road, and make sure they're tied tight as there are one or two boggy bits on the return that will try to suck your shoes off your feet. And yes, it is a cracker.

Registration at the Drovers Arms this year rather than the Fire Station. Not sure exactly where Des is planning to set us off from, but it would be helpful to spread the field out a bit before we join the footpaths.

It seems that this year’s Wormstones fell race has been replaced with the new Chunal fell race, 3.5 miles and 950ft. Starting from the Drovers (not whitfield park).

And here’s a rough route description:-

It starts at the Drovers then along the road to join the track where the Herod starts, then the turns right at Lees farm along footpath to Hobroyd which is behind Pennine View, same hill Herod goes up, but we don't run straight to the top we swing to the left and keep climbing to fenceline, then towards Monks Road, turning off down towards Long Clough then 2 nice climbs before following the descent back to Pennine View then along track to the Drovers.

What makes you think its shorter Marvin?

The Race Updates page still has it at 5 miles, 650ft climb.
    Its better to have fought and lost, than not have fought at all.

er... won't people be a tad disappointed to attend a race called "Wormstones" and then find out that it doesn't go to Wormstones?
    (I know I would've been)

still, sounds like a nice little route - last year's Peak O Trial covered most of it, so I even know the area (slightly)

Count Me In!

Because I copied and pasted the description that came to me second-hand from Des. The 5 miles and 650ft was Wormstones, not Chunal. Enjoy the bonus climb.

And in response to Daz's question about being disappointed, don't be disappointed, enjoy the surprise, after all this is one of Des's races - you should expect the unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    Because I copied and pasted the description that came to me second-hand from Des. The 5 miles and 650ft was Wormstones, not Chunal. Enjoy the bonus climb.

And in response to Daz's question about being disappointed, don't be disappointed, enjoy the surprise, after all this is one of Des's races - you should expect the unexpected!
    Because Des sent the details to me and then I forwarded them to the rest of the club. 30 seconds later Marvin had put them on here - the power of the internet - amazing!!

See you tonight, then, Darth?