Thread: X-talon sizing

X-talon sizing

Has anyone else had issues with getting the sizing right for standard fit X-talon 212's?

I bought a new pair this weekend. In the shop I asked for 10.5 as this is what I normally wear (and the size I had for my old mudclaws and roclites). They were too short so I tried a pair of 11's which were much better but after running downhill in them for the first time I think they are still too short. This would mean I need a full UK size bigger than what I normally order for shoes (and have ordered previously from Innov8). When I hold them against my other shoes they definitely look shorter.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Always had size 10 in roclites probably 5pairs over the years latest pair are shorter got black toe nails. Need 11s instead of usual 10s. Wish innov8 would stop tinkering with there shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Fellwalker View Post
    Has anyone else had issues with getting the sizing right for standard fit X-talon 212's?

I bought a new pair this weekend. In the shop I asked for 10.5 as this is what I normally wear (and the size I had for my old mudclaws and roclites). They were too short so I tried a pair of 11's which were much better but after running downhill in them for the first time I think they are still too short. This would mean I need a full UK size bigger than what I normally order for shoes (and have ordered previously from Innov8). When I hold them against my other shoes they definitely look shorter.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Yes, definitely. I am 8.5 in everything (including Mudclaws), but need a size 9 in standard fit X-Talons. Oddly, the same thing doesn't seem to apply to their precision fit Talons.

Inov-8 - if you're listening, I love the standard fit X-Talons, but can we have a mudclaw for people with fat feet too? Bring back the 272 - or a least something with its dimensions!
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Thanks for the replies, i'll just have to put it down to experience. If anyone wants a pair of size 11 X-talon 212's (standard fit) with only 20 miles on the clock, then an ad will be appearing in the wants and buys section in the next few days!