Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overtrousers

Ran in my OMM Kamlieka Race Pants for the first time today. Kept the wind and rain out well and were not heavy or bulky. Was pretty much the same as running in shorts. The drawstring keeps them tied round the waist well.

Is there anything on the market for waterproof trousers that does the job for around £40 (and that would pass a kit check)?

I've tended to do short runs so far, where the kit requirements haven't been as strict. I want to step it up a bit in terms of what runs I can do, but don't want to spunk a load of money on a pair of trousers that are likely to remain stuffed into my bag.

I've come across these before:
    http://www.ratracestore.com/3708059/...15---grey.aspx

Seems to be little info on them, although I've seen some positive reviews for the matching top cover jacket.

Ignored them for myself because I'm still pining after a set of Kamleika's - having tried them on in the shop I can see myself getting more use from them.

For reasons of cost, I built my kit bit by bit. My first OMM I used a vintage OMM Kamleika top with montane atomic pants.
    I've now got a new version Kamleika smock, and love it, but still have the montane atomic pants. I can't justify getting the matching Kamleika pants as the atomic are everything they should be.