Thread: Bolton Sat 23rd April

Bolton Sat 23rd April

I'm staying in Bolton Fri 22nd and was looking at doing a race on the 23rd but can't find any. Are there any locals who can recommend a route within 1 hours drive that I could try on the Saturday? Nothing more than a couple of hours running would be good. Alternatively if you have a training run planned and wouldn't mind me joining you it would be appreciated.

Lots of routes over west pennine moors and winter hill. Perhaps Google routes of two lads fell race, Anglezarke amble and I am sure there will be others

will do thanks Karen

https://www.strava.com/activities/527976213

This is a decent route, parking up at Great Barn Rivington. Follows up to Pike, down and up to Two Lads, around to Winter Hill. I did a down and up on The Ramp, which you could cut out, would make it around 2 hours.
    There's about 1/2 mile of road on this at Belmont and there will be some wet stuff at the foot of Winter Hill for the last big climb. Decent route though. About 15-20 mins from Bolton max.

If that link doesn't work, PM me

The old Winter Hill Fell Race route would be good but may be hard to follow, I can dig a map out if you cant find one.

Cheers

Dan

jezzlar I am in the same area doing the same thing but mine is 117 hope you find something but round ainsworth is not bad that water tower again

Thanks for the replies my plans have changed but I should be up that way in the next few weeks so will make use of your suggestions