Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: More Mile Cheviot 3

not this again, Jez. haven't you already got a thread on how bad the roclite grip is on wet rock? anyway, surely the MM Cheviot are pretty much the same on tarmac as are any other aggressive-soled fell shoe? I think you just need to buy a house on the edge of the moor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    Has anybody done the odd mile or 2 on road with these? If running from home I have no option but to pound a bit of tarmac. My latest Roclite grip is horrendous on anything wet & I feel like I am going to slip on wet roads.

Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    not this again, Jez. haven't you already got a thread on how bad the roclite grip is on wet rock? anyway, surely the MM Cheviot are pretty much the same on tarmac as are any other aggressive-soled fell shoe? I think you just need to buy a house on the edge of the moor.
    Who knows Ben? That's the million dollar question & why I'm asking it. It's Justin's fault. Factoring in 9 miles of road on a 10 mile fell run.

Quote Originally Posted by Clwydian View Post
    Sizing again - sorry.

Have people been ordering the same size for Cheviot 3 as Cheviot 2?

Always a confusing subject because, despite the advice from More Mile, I always took half a size smaller in Cheviot 2 compared to Inov-8.
    To answer my own question: having ordered the same size in 3 as 2. I would recommend half a size bigger in the latest version. My Cheviot 2 size eights, claimed to be Eu 42 and fitted well. The Cheviot 3 size eights are marked as Eu 41 feel like they might be a problem in the fullness of time.

After 205 km. The last 5 last night descending into hayfield with the shoe like that, not a happy bunny
    CameraZOOM-20161115064818463[1].jpg

^^ That's why I carry duct tape with me on long runs out in the hills

Had a pair of Cheviot 1s. I am a UK 8 and the 8 in the Cheviot 1 fitted perfectly - nice and wide at the toe. They were pretty clumpy but they gave me great use until Stuc a Chroin and Ben Lomond proved too much for the upper and they started to disintegrate at the toe bend. I still used them for a good few miles thereafter as the studs had shown hardly any wear. Eventually the sole started to come away from the upper but that may have been more to do with me using one foot to prise the other shoe off when removing them. They served me well.

Got Cheviot 2s last year in a 8.5 but I could hardly get them on so went for a 9 - perfect fit. Unfortunately the uppers at the toe bend have started to disintegrate after only 50 miles or so. I e-mailed Start Fitness about it and they responded immediately and asked for photographs. I sent them this morning and by noon today there was a £20 credit in my account which I have used towards a pair of Cheviot 3s. They are fantastic shoes in every other way so hopefully the issue with the uppers has been resolved with the third incarnation.

Fingers crossed

Spectacular failure Patrick. That should trigger a refund for sure. Have not had this mode of failure in any of my 3 pairs, just the usual toe box crease tears. My 3's are still perfect after 9 months.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    After 205 km. The last 5 last night descending into hayfield with the shoe like that, not a happy bunny
    CameraZOOM-20161115064818463[1].jpg
    I know what the problem is Pat, you've been running in kilometers rather than miles in those shoes.
    (I'll get my coat).

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Spectacular failure Patrick. That should trigger a refund for sure. Have not had this mode of failure in any of my 3 pairs, just the usual toe box crease tears. My 3's are still perfect after 9 months.
    More Mile were great, the new ones arrived last week.

2 pairs of nice bright Cheviot 3s arrived in the post today.............open the first pair and one of the laces is stuck under the footbed, odd I thought tugging away, lifted the footbed and the end of the lace was stitched into the bed of the shoe, out of sight. No chance of moving it or pulling out.

A pair to return, b*****r!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.