Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: More Mile Cheviot 3

my experience has been mixed
    Version 1 - a familiar story of sole detaching itself from the upper. after a mere 110 miles, which was about 5 outings!
    Version 2 - upper fail at toe bend and grip worn out on the heel. 275 miles
    also has the London road shoes which did 306 miles. the only thing holding them together at the end was the dirt.

on this evidence it looks like i should probably try some Cheviot3s
    Adam Speed
    P&B

You wore out the grip???!! Wow, on my Mk2's, everything is knackered but the studs which are still bigger than fresh PB's!
    Impressed!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

The sole and upper of my More Mile 3s parted company yesterday, somewhere near Moel Meirch on a Paddy Buckley recce. Lucky I had a roll of gaffer tape with me, as it's a long way to Aberglaslyn! They'd not had much wear, so I'll try sending them back I think.

Sounds like you should! Still not managed to achieve that with mine yet!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    The sole and upper of my More Mile 3s parted company yesterday, somewhere near Moel Meirch on a Paddy Buckley recce. Lucky I had a roll of gaffer tape with me, as it's a long way to Aberglaslyn! They'd not had much wear, so I'll try sending them back I think.
    I emailed More Miles on Friday explaining what had happened. They got back to me within the hour asking if I could send a photo of the shoes. I took a couple of photos and sent those off at about 3pm on Friday. By 4:30pm I'd received an order confirmation, which was basically saying that a replacement pair was on its way.

I think that's pretty decent customer service.

Sounds good. Shame it happened in the first place though. I thought they would have had the problem nailed by now.
    S'funny how it has not been an issue for me after 2xMk2 and 1xMk3. All I get are the uppers tearing across the toebox junction on Mk2's and so far perfect service from Mk3's
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Sizing again - sorry.

Have people been ordering the same size for Cheviot 3 as Cheviot 2?

Always a confusing subject because, despite the advice from More Mile, I always took half a size smaller in Cheviot 2 compared to Inov-8.

Master
    Ordered a pair of More Mile Cheviot 3s @1330hrs yesterday they were delivered @ 1530hrs today and were on my feet @1600hrs and being used to propel me over Limestone, grass heather and mud (Currently hard to find, bring on the rain).
    First impressions of the shoes straight out of the box very favourable, and the ordering and delivery was first class.
    Just need some rain and wet surfaces to test the grip in the wet, it was superb in the dry (but then most shoes I have used are.
    Then I guess the big test is will they do the mileage
    I will keep you posted
    The older I get the Faster I was

well my latest Inov 8's disintegrated on me after 200 miles

so I might as well go back to buying Cheviots, at least they usually last 250-300...
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Has anybody done the odd mile or 2 on road with these? If running from home I have no option but to pound a bit of tarmac. My latest Roclite grip is horrendous on anything wet & I feel like I am going to slip on wet roads.