Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More Mile Cheviot 3

I'm a nine in most shoes. 9, 1/2 in the more mile fits me like a glove. Did a 12 mile trail race in them at weekend. Superb comfort and grip.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

First run in mine last night, and they're great! Think I'll stock up on a few pairs...

Loved the fit, feel and grip of the mark 2 but yes, they didn't last. Have had a few runs out now in the mark 3 and have totted up about 100 miles in them (in the cheviots, as it happens!) and so far not a hint of the old problem with the upper. Last time, they started going after about 60 miles. One particular pair of mark 2's seemed to go very quickly with the sole separation thing - but that was when i was working away in manchester and was running the the peak district a lot. Wonder if the acidic soil had anything to do with it, perhaps rotting the stitching or glue more quickly?

Anyhow, the new shoe seems like a huge improvement and still 30 quid. Staggering value.

Hi All,

Attachment 8448

Started running about 3 years ago and More Mile Cheviot's were recommended to me as a cheap intro for Cross Country/Fell Running. They've done me proud and helped me achieve some running goals over these past 3 years. You can count on the aggressive grip for peat, mud, bogs and not to shabby on rocky terrain. So i thought i'd give my ten pence worth on them in a nutshell:

More Mile Cheviot: Order half a size bigger, Great grip, sturdy, a little heavy, extremely long laces , can pick them up from ebay for around £15-£25 (still think these are a great cheap intro shoe)
    More Mile Cheviot 2: Order half a size bigger, Same great grip, still sturdy, lighter than the Cheviot (not sure haven't weighed them just feels lighter), Same extremely long laces , can pick them up from ebay for around £25-£30
    The NEW! More Mile Cheviot 3: Order half a size bigger, Great grip, sturdy, even lighter than cheviot and cheviot 2???, shorter laces!!! , can pick them up from ebay for around £30-£35

Out of the 3 shoes my view is the Cheviot 3 are the best of the three to date, they've ironed out some of the "bugs" in this version. But why I've took the time to review this is because I'm looking to move away from them as I don't believe they're lasting long enough (111 miles for the Cheviot 3's). So i'm looking what else is on offer and even though it could cost me double or even triple the price i'm willing to try them out if the £ per mile is better.

See further images below:

Attachment 8449
    Attachment 8450
    Attachment 8451
    Attachment 8452
    006 - Cheviot 2 image 3.jpg
    007 - Cheviot 2 image 4.jpg
    008 - Cheviot 3 image 1.jpg
    009 - Cheviot 3 image 2.jpg

I'd be interested what sort of terrain people use these on, I'd used the Cheviot 3's for The Fellsman, Training Run and The Old County Tops race yesterday
    Last edited by Brammer; 22-05-2016 at 08:43 PM.

These look very good - any feedback on width ?

Certainly feel wide. I've always got on with inov8 precision fit and unless really careful with the lacing, can feel my feet moving a bit too much in these. They're very comfortable, but I don't feel as stable on the descents as I do in something narrower/more minimalist
    Really impressed with sole though, not wearing away like inov8s and yet super grippy. Having said that, the fabric of the uppers is beginning to thin on the inside edge (after about 130 miles) so might not be too long before that great sole and the rest of the shoe part company

The width is very similar to PB trainers. In fact the shoes feel very similar in use but the grip of the MM's should last a lot longer.
    Oh, and the other improvement is the laces....finally the right length!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Sole and upper separating beyong repair at 160 miles. Can't complain at £25 but won't be buying more.

Mine lasted just 5 miles before the sole started coming away from the upper round the instep on one of them. By the time I got home after 11 miles, there was a 4" gap.

Other than that, a bargain.
    Swa cwæð eardstapa

Wow, that sounds unlucky. Mine holding up after a pretty tough campaign of hard races over last 3 months. The descents on Cribyn, Pen Y fan and Waun Fach are enough to stress out any shoe and they did a tough hilly half marathon without a problem. I guess most of my races have been mainly dry and I dont spend hours plugging through acidic peat.
    So far, still love mine and I look with wonderment at all the other start-line colleagues sporting inov-8 costing 3 times as much.
    Rarely see any PB's around these parts now.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth