Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Up the Nab 2016

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Of course Des's prize-giving was unique, as ever!
    Wssn't there, but i've often found the best thing about a 'Des race' is Des himself, a top bloke.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Stupidly good day out, even for a back marker. Previous comment about the women was spot on, even the usually upbeat ladies from our club where giving warnings of impending 'fun'.

Haven't laughed so much as that massive descent to the bog, worth all the hard running just for that

Thanks marshals and Des, see you at Crowden

I arrived at Glossop Rugby Club far too early, 9am for a 11am start, for the very friendly stewardess to ask me if I was a runner and if I'd got the right day! I told her not to worry and to put the kettle on. She replied " its a boiler so might take a while". I helped her set out the tables and was rewarded with a brew.

This scenario is typical of a Des Gibbons event, and why the sport is richer for it. The man himself eventually turned up after a couple of hours of marking the course. I had pre entered, but still had to fill in a form which had less detail than the EOD form, but cost me more with a booking fee. Come on Des, get a grip!

Apart from a quarter of a mile of tarmac at the start and finish a lovely, tough, short race of just under 4 miles and just over 1,000 feet.

I had a really good run and managed to finish 7th overall and 1st M60, (and 1st M50).

These smaller village races are fantastic and are only able to thrive because of the enthusiasm of RO's such as Des Gibbons.

We need to support them or lose them!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Llani you are smashing it at the moment.

Think you might give me a right bashing at Callow this year (assuming we both do it).

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Llani you are smashing it at the moment.

Think you might give me a right bashing at Callow this year (assuming we both do it).
    Any results from Up the Nab race anywhere yet?

Any results up yet from The Nab race?