Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Up the Nab 2016

1 - it'll be well flagged and likely marshall on the hill (although some flags have been removed by Glossopians at nearby races in the past - Maybe I'll try that one...)
    2 - it's a short race so you likely won't need kit
    3 - Strava traces from the late December running will be missing a climb out.
    4 - The race starts and finishes on private land but quite a bit of it is on open access/rights of way, or close enough that you can get a good idea of it by looking at it from legal ground.

Should provide some really close racing this one.
    Last edited by ba-ba; 26-04-2016 at 06:33 PM.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    Geoff, both that and the Strava log seem to be missing a CP at 030915, which is in the list of CPs circulated by email last week. It seems to be in Long Clough.
    The CPs in the email are these:
    START/ GR010933 – GR019924 – GR025922 – GR030915 – GR025925 FINISH /GR009934
    The map I posted is the gpx track that Des sent me after he ran around the route the other week. He may have changed it since then! I shouldn't worry too much - I'm sure it will be well marked and marshalled.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanging In There View Post
    Cheers mate

Who do we contact about entries? My friend had his entry in the same envelope as mine but he doesn't appear on the list where as I do, ha ha!
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Quote Originally Posted by CalFerguson View Post
    Cheers mate

Who do we contact about entries? My friend had his entry in the same envelope as mine but he doesn't appear on the list where as I do, ha ha!
    You could try the race organiser...

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    You could try the race organiser...
    He did but no reply yet

Contact him on Facebook through Glossop Fell Races......

Sorted. Cheers chaps!

Cracking race and all-round event today. First experience of a championship race and sure it won't be my last.

Have been concentrating on long and very long races, so I knew this was going to hurt, but just thought i'd go out and see what happened.

As usual I got blown away on the tricky sections. More than held my own on the final sweeping descent, and flew past two people on the final straight, which shows the athleticism is there, but unfortunately the technique is lacking, especially on the steep awkward descents.

181st in 48mins.

Nice to see everyone who said hello: Dave Mole (narrowly beat me for the 3rd time in succession!), Calvin, IanDP who gave me a pat on the back as I started running through treacle about half way up the third field), and Corniceman.

Sunburnt now!

Pete

Great to meet you and chat today, Travs, sounds like you enjoyed it eventually as well!

Fantastic course today, a serious test of fitness/speed with a large side order of sunshine. I failed miserably in the fitness sense, just fell apart for one reason or another after less than a mile, had a long race from there until the finish. Definitely one I want to try again but hopefully with a bit more luck next time round.

Massive thanks to the RO & helpers, a great day to be marshalling I imagine (not said that for a while!)

5000-1 outsiders Leicester City winning the Premiership was not the only sports related surprise this week.....Fellrunners from up and down the country got one hell of a surprise today in the form of a little race called Up the nab.

Before today little was known about the race and just for good measure Des made changes as late as Thursday....crikey we were in for a treat.
    It's customary on the short champs races that the ladies usually go first and on their return it was evident they'd had a gruelling experience. Some of the comments I heard ranged from, "that was savage"....."what a brutal race"....and my favourite being, " I thought it was only supposed to be like a cross country course".

The first long climb was one of them annoying climbs that you know you've to run it all no matter how much it hurts. But then it was all worth it because the hidden valley at the back was fantastic. Great little descents followed by short stiff climbs all played out in glorious sunshine. The fast run back to the finish was a killer and I thought, "that bloody clubhouse doesn't seem to be getting any closer". I don't know what hurt the most, the climb or descent.

Congratulations to all the winners from all the various categories. Massive thanks to Des and his team for a brilliant race....I bet Leicester city couldn't do it.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.