Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West Nab - Saturday 29th May 2021

West Nab - Saturday 29th May 2021

Morning everyone.

For those who don't frequent the darkside (Facebook/Twitter), just to let you know that entries are now open for this year's West Nab race on Saturday 29th May. In line with current guidelines, we are not expecting to be able to offer entry on the day, so it will be online entries only.

It is also the first of this year's English Junior Fell Championships, so as you can imagine, the event will be run somewhat differently to normal. Depending on numbers, it's likely we'll be using staggered starts for each race and sadly, there won't be any prize presentations on the day. But at least it will hopefully give people the opportunity to race!

Here is the link to the Holmfirth Harriers race page that gives you the race details & how we hope the day will pan out. There is an entry limit of 100 per junior race & 200 for the combined Senior/U23/U19 race, although I'll be surprised if we get close to that!

https://www.holmfirthharriers.com/ev...nab-fell-race/

Hope to see some of you there!

Cheers,
    Phil Hobbs
    Holmfirth Harriers
    Ian Roberts Fell Race. Dare you take on the Marsden Moor Tussocks? There's cake in it for you

Cheers. I'm in, and so is fleeter by the looks of it.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Yo Hobbsy, the map links don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Yo Hobbsy, the map links don't work.
    Yes, sorry about that - we're still in the process! Won't be long now. I'll stick a note on here when they go live.

We are asking that people don't travel to recce at the moment, as don't want to upset the landowners or residents, but if you do, then you must keep to the public footpaths/bridleways. There are a couple of spots where we have permission on race day to go over private land, but they're strictly out-of-bounds before then.

Cheers,
    Phil
    Ian Roberts Fell Race. Dare you take on the Marsden Moor Tussocks? There's cake in it for you

Evening everyone.

Couple of updates for you:

1. The link to the maps is now live - just log on to the race page & click on the link. And just a reminder that we are asking people not to travel to recce the course before the day, so as not to cause any problems with landowners or local residents.

2. Unfortunately, we are no longer able to use the Carlile Institute for registration, as the expected numbers exceed what they can reasonably cope with under the current Covid guidelines. So registration will now be outside (under cover) at Meltham C.E. Primary School, which is also where we will be directing everyone for car parking, so actually makes things a little easier.

Cheers,
    Phil
    Last edited by Hobbsy; 17-05-2021 at 09:08 PM.

Maps

It's quite an adventure for the 19s and seniors.

AK mentioned seeing me on the start list which I can't seem to find. Any clues?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Maps

It's quite an adventure for the 19s and seniors.
    I have never run in that area before so haven't a clue what to expect. I've looked at the route on the map and am pretty good at relating that to the ground when and if I can see it. Hopefully there will be people to follow, as now I have to wear glasses to see the map its a pain in the arse, and time consuming, stopping and starting, as many others on here will no doubt know!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    AK mentioned seeing me on the start list which I can't seem to find. Any clues?
    On the events360 website where you do the race entry, there is a link to the entries list on the last screen when you have finished doing the entry. But it doesn't seem to be accessible from anywhere else. Or is it, Hobbsy?

Anyway, here's the link: https://entries.events360.co.uk/courses/30/entries
    Last edited by anthonykay; 23-05-2021 at 02:43 PM.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I have never run in that area before so haven't a clue what to expect. I've looked at the route on the map and am pretty good at relating that to the ground when and if I can see it. Hopefully there will be people to follow, as now I have to wear glasses to see the map its a pain in the arse, and time consuming, stopping and starting, as many others on here will no doubt know!
    Plenty of pictures of parts of the route on geograph.org.uk. It's a marked course, so in theory navigation shouldn't be a problem -- but I've lost the route on a marked course before now!
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges