Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lothersdale Fell Race

Lothersdale Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Excellent: RO, marshals, route, competitors, prizes, weather, post-race debrief and analysis,...
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Excellent: RO, marshals, route, competitors, prizes, weather, post-race debrief and analysis,...
    Crackin little race
    Thanks to everyone involved.

A heavy shower of rain and hail at the start; we didn't need that!
    Thanks for organising yet another race Brett.
    It's always a pleasure to run at one of your races.
    Andy.

Thanks Andy, nice to see you!

Luckily i managed to miss the show...

Super Moderator
    Iron man by the Black Sabbath must be one of the definitive heavy metal tracks. I guess it’s also one of the greatest ever West Midlands recordings too. When I was 14 years old I did a milk round for a guy called Des along with another older boy. The older boy loved rock music and in particular Sabbath, Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple. I’d never heard of any of these bands’ music but a few years later my twin brother got into them and I became familiar with their work. My brother had long hair and the ‘obligatory Hendrix perm’; he has always been a bit clueless when it comes to style and I’ve no idea if he’s still into heavy rock but suspect he might be. I’m also clueless about Des the milkman, but I do remember his lifestyle or at least what he claimed to get up to to us teenagers, would have made a good Confessions film

From first doing it in maybe 2005 I’ve tried to get to the Lothersdale race when possible. It’s an early season three and a bit miler traditionally run on the first Wednesday in May and organised by KCAC stalwarts Brett and Sue Weeden. The route (like many of the good short races) is basically straight up and down a hill; in this case a section of the Pennine Way albeit with a couple of up and down sections. Sadly the flying finish on grass is no more but it’s still a lovely run

On finishing I heard Brett call out 42 mins something, and I wasn’t last, or anywhere near so I came away happy. Four quid EOD and a bottle of beer as a gift for entering - what’s not to like? I can always give the beer to a friend. Thanks to the Weedens and all others involved
    Last edited by Derby Tup; 02-05-2019 at 07:02 PM.

Banned
    Definite hints of fishwick tales, even getting a reference to bjorn Borg hair, which isnt so easy for a Tup. Just short of a few expletives. Nice one: and for getting round.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Iron man by the Black Sabbath must be one of the definitive heavy metal tracks. I guess it’s also one of the greatest ever West Midlands recordings too. When I was 14 years old I did a milk round for a guy called Des along with another older boy. The older boy loved rock music and in particular Sabbath, Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple. I’d never heard of any of these bands’ music but a few years later my twin brother got into them and I became familiar with their work. My brother had long hair and the ‘obligatory Hendrix perm’; he has always been a bit clueless when it comes to style and I’ve no idea if he’s still into heavy rock but suspect he might be. I’m also clueless about Des the milkman, but I do remember his lifestyle or at least what he claimed to get up to to us teenagers, would have made a good Confessions film

From first doing it in maybe 2005 I’ve tried to get to the Lothersdale race when possible. It’s an early season three and a bit miler traditionally run on the first Wednesday in May and organised by KCAC stalwarts Brett and Sue Weeden. The route (like many of the good short races) is basically straight up and down a hill; in this case a section of the Pennine Way albeit with a couple of up and down sections. Sadly the flying finish on grass is no more but it’s still a lovely run

On finishing I heard Brett call out 42 mins something, and I wasn’t last, or anywhere near so I came away happy. Four quid EOD and a bottle of beer as a gift for entering - what’s not to like? I can always give the beer to a friend. Thanks to the Weedens and all others involved
    Last edited by Oracle; 02-05-2019 at 08:03 PM.

...Four quid EOD and a bottle of beer as a gift for entering...
    Three quid actually DT.

Super Moderator
    I got two quid change and didn’t really take it in. Good to see you last night wharfee lad

Andrew

I heard that Des the milkman had sold his milk round (at a loss) due to the rising trend in consumerism. He could no longer compete with the supermarkets that were offering a wide variety of foods, beverages and household products at discount prices. He tried branching out by offering his customers orange pop. This bold move may have worked had he not gone with the budget brand 'My Mums'.
    Des was last seen pulling love beads from a prostitutes bum-hole during a sex show in Halifax. It must be true, your twin brother told me whilst we were head banging to Sabbath's 'Children of the grave'...which is THE best ever West Midlands recording. Well done on your 42 minutes something.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.