Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dragon's Back

Just home now from 8 days on the marshalls team, my 4th time. Great event and the weather held good again, possible downside being that our foreign visitors from 31 nations may leave with the impression it never rains in Wales!

Emotional prize giving last night with plenty of smiles and tears on the final day, although it is a racing event everyone is so pleasant and kind with not an ego in sight.

Hard work marshalling, but now bathed and shaved it is a great feeling to have been part of making so many dreams come to fruition - like the Malaysian runners who have been planning the trip for 4 years - and to show off Wales at its best.

Well done all, finishers and those who tried, there is always another time.

Moving back to its original September date in the calendar, and going to be an annual race, from 2021.

I also heard one or two rumours (nothing substantiated) about a potential 6th day to the race... whether this would aim to take the finish to the coast, or across the Brecon Beacons range, I have no idea, after all it's just heresay...

However I do think the current finish, no longer at Carreg castle, would benefit from being in a more 'iconic' location.

Agreed. When we did our own DB in 2007(!!) we decided to finish at the top of Pen Y Fan having started at the top of Yr Wyddfa. So it was a proper summit to summit route.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth