Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dragon's Back

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Saw Carol Morgan warming up for this by running The Charlesworth Chase this morning.
    It obviously did the trick!

Great race, great week.

Two years and it's time again Starts 7am Monday.

I ran with an Irish lass from County Mayo for a bit of the Fellsman and she is in it. I will be dot watching for Fiona Lynch.

Unfortunately another Irish woman who won't be there this year is Carol Morgan, but on the positive side I have her place and will be trying for a second finish next week. It will be interesting to compare it to 2015 when there was a quarter the number of starters and the map was given out each morning mountain marathon style with route choice a huge part of the race. I still think it'll be a great journey though.

My tips - Jim Mann to complete his 4th DBR (he's only missed 1992, as he was about 15 at the time) and beat Konrad Rawlik. For the women, I think Lisa Watson will give Sabrina a bit of competition.
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

I'm helping out on the checkpoint team, looking forward to some time in the hills and watching people suffer!
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    I'm helping out on the checkpoint team, looking forward to some time in the hills and watching people suffer!
    One of this year's competitors told me that it's harder to get into the marshals' / support team than it is to get into the race?
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

On Wednesday my wife and I climbed up to the bwlch between the two Tarrens in Mid Wales - above Machynlleth and saw the Dragons Back racers. We were in the area on holiday and I had run the Cader Race on Saturday. They had already come over Cader that morning and where going on to Plunlumon - a long day! Saw the leaders at 12.00 and as we walked up Tarren Hendre loads came passed us. We had a leisurely lunch on top as they continued to pass us - envious of our picnic. They were still coming past us as we descended - about 2hrs between the leaders and the back markers. Unfortunatly we did not see Dino F (of this parish) or Sarah Fuller from my club - Otley AC as they had both dropped out the previous day. Great to see them all (must have been over 200 of them), and huge respect for taking on such a hardcore challenge.
    We retired to Machynlleth for refreshment and they were passing through, many stopping to refuel on icecreams and coke, though a Dark Peak man was guzzling down pasties!

Unless Jim Mann has something special planned for tomorrow, it looks like he has settled for second place. Looks like he has ran with the leader Galen Reynolds for the last two days. The Irish lass that I ran some of the Fellsman with is looking good in 105 overall.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    Unless Jim Mann has something special planned for tomorrow, it looks like he has settled for second place. Looks like he has ran with the leader Galen Reynolds for the last two days. The Irish lass that I ran some of the Fellsman with is looking good in 105 overall.
    Chasing start this morning. Be interesting to see if Jim goes for it. It's a lot of ground to make up...
    Geoff Clarke

I see Jim is well behind today, but I can't seem to find out what time each of them actually started this morning.