Thread: Duathlon

Duathlon

I appreciate its not fell running but thought I might give some off-road duathlons a punt this coming Autumn. My logic is I could avoid doing big run miles by doing doing decent bike sessions which might help me break my constant injury cycle. So 2 questions...
    1) can anyone recommend decent Duathlon training programmes and resources? It seems relatively scant out there.
    2) can anyone point me to a comprehensive list of duathlons in the UK? Im Northumberland based so Scotland and borders are often better options than Surrey which seems to host a lot.

Ta muchly,

Matt

Brett and Biara used to do some trainer outings with some of the KCAC lot i think.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    I appreciate its not fell running but thought I might give some off-road duathlons a punt this coming Autumn. My logic is I could avoid doing big run miles by doing doing decent bike sessions which might help me break my constant injury cycle. So 2 questions...
    1) can anyone recommend decent Duathlon training programmes and resources? It seems relatively scant out there.
    2) can anyone point me to a comprehensive list of duathlons in the UK? Im Northumberland based so Scotland and borders are often better options than Surrey which seems to host a lot.

Ta muchly,

Matt

A bit of a trek Matt but I can highly recommend this event (although I might be a bit biased as I'm the organiser!):

https://holcombeharriers.com/holcomb...al-duathlon-2/

Thanks for the replies. Mom holcombe is just before the Rab dont think I'd manage to weekends away so close together... But it does look interesting. I found this "long course" plan courtesy of Joe Friel who I believe to be someone fairly handy at Duathlon...

Monday – Day off
    Tuesday – 50-minute run with 30 minutes at medium effort
    Wednesday – Recovery day: 30-minute run and 90-minute bike
    Thursday – 90-minute bike with 20 minutes at medium effort
    Friday – Recovery day: 30-minute run and 90-minute bike
    Saturday – Brick workout – 1.5-3 hour ride with 5X6-minute intervals followed by 30-minute run
    Sunday – Long aerobic run (80-120 minutes) or long aerobic ride (2-4 hours)

​I'd always opt for the Sunday long run and could comfortably fit the bike work in during my commute. I could even end up with a weekend day as a rest day...