Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mormons Neuroma

IMG_0002.jpgSorry to hear that Latege, I'd heard that surgery wasn't all that great. Don't know about the cryogenic treatment though?
    Mine has recurred, almost a year later, but this time in the other foot. It was brought on when out walking the dog! Now feel like I have a lump on the bottom of my foot, directly below the bruise on the top! Still not convinced this is either a fracture or a neuroma. No pain to speak of if I push on either the top or the bottom, but definite discomfort underneath when walking. I too spend as much time as possible in either Xero huarache sandals or Luna Mono's.

Master
    That looks like inflammation, not bruising.
    Is it this, but affecting the 3rd toe:

https://www.foothealthfacts.org/cond...the-second-toe

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    That looks like inflammation, not bruising.
    Is it this, but affecting the 3rd toe:

https://www.foothealthfacts.org/cond...the-second-toe
    Hmmm...thanks for that Mike; definitely worth exploring.

Reminded me that I was running downhill a while ago and simply landed on the left foot (which had the same problem) as usual and there was this humungous burning sensation as though a blister deep under the skin had burst , the stinging sensation spreading towards all toes. It was so intense I shouted out loud and had to stop for a second, I carried on, because I was miles from anywhere, and it gradually (over about a mile) subsided until it completely disappeared and the feeling of having a 'lump' under my foot seemed to have gone! Made me think it was a build-up of fluid like a bursar maybe, but I can't find any information about bursars affecting that part of the foot. Now I seem to have one on my right foot.

Don't know if that rings any bells?

Master
    It certainly sounds like a fluid filled structure popped - excess fluid within a joint, or fluid within an abnormal structure such as a ganglion - these can connect to joints or tendon sheaths where there is normally a small amount of fluid reduce friction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    It certainly sounds like a fluid filled structure popped - excess fluid within a joint, or fluid within an abnormal structure such as a ganglion - these can connect to joints or tendon sheaths where there is normally a small amount of fluid reduce friction.
    Time for the professional approach 'down to the doctors', many thanks for your input 👍🏻

Intermetatarsal bursas (same location as Morton Neuroma) can cause these symptoms and can rupture leading to relief of pain.I had exactly this many years ago. Never came back. I have never seen skin discolouration with a neuroma so a ruptured bursa seems highly likely.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

I had surgery to remove a neuroma in February but wouldn't say it has been totally successful. Toe separators are helping a bit. Anyone on the forum had appearance of this recently?