Thread: Fell Running People

Fell Running People

One to One (BBC Radio 4) had a delightful 15 min interview with Angela Mudge this morning.

It reminded me that in 2008 I drove from downtown Ilkley to her home in the Trossachs to kneel at her feet and prepare a long Profile I wrote for the Spring 2008 Fellrunner.

I wrote then (echoing Simon Booth) that I thought she was the greatest fell/hill/mountain runner (man or woman) ever born in the UK and that at least in England her outstanding achievements had never been truly recognized. She is also the nicest person I have ever met in fell running.

After 30 years in fell running I don't do starstruck; but Angela Mudge tests that rule.

FWIIW I recommend the programme which is available on BBC iplayer.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Super Moderator
    I'm in a factory in Scotland today running a trial. The machine operator is a runner (WHW in 30 and a bit hours) and was telling me he'd seen Ben Mounsey on the tv with John Craven at the weekend
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar
    I was lucky enough to catch that programme this morning & enjoyed listening to it during my tea break.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07dlww6
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

Thanks Graham, I have just listened to her. She is a great athlete and also introduced a new word into the language. I hope she gets back to racing soon.